PDA

View Full Version : New MHS Saber Build

jedimastergarcia87
06-28-2012, 02:15 PM
Hey guys. I know its been awhile. I finally found a design I like. Since I'm an Obi-wan fan I thought I'd do a saber kinda like his. Its going to be an Obi-wan/clan style saber. Under that choke piece will be a trim ring style 3 in black, then for the main power switch will be the black anodized red dotted av switch. Its going to use my old US2.5 board. The 14500 li-ion battery pack, blue rebel led pack, 2w bass speaker, wonder how my US2.5 board will sound then. :P I am going to get it done this time though. Its a goal for me. I will post pics and a video once I get the stuff and the saber is done. How is the design? Oh for the black anodized red av switch, will I need any extra resistors for it or will the US2.5 board power it up good? Also the saber will have in-hilt re-charge, so the 2.1mm power jack, smart charger for the 14500 pack. and so on. And for the speaker it'll have speaker holder V4. And the main blade will be a 36 inch TCSS Battle Blade with the blue rebel led like I said. I will be getting 290 in August so that'll be plenty for everything. Can't wait. :) I'll make sure to do the build right this time, like cleaning the threads and all. I was going to send my US2.5 board to a smith but I decided to keep it for a future build. Glad I did.

Heres the original render I came up with:
http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt310/weird_kid_syndrome_josh87/Saber6-3.png

Zzan
06-28-2012, 02:22 PM
Trim rings will not work with that choke. It is flush threaded and there is nothing to hold the trim ring to the hilt.

jedimastergarcia87
06-28-2012, 02:32 PM
Oh. Thanks for the heads up then. I might just keep it slim and clean then. Hows the design either way? I know you guys are probably thinking yeah right but this build really is a goal. Already got it named. Its going to be named Draxus. Just a random name I thought of. Dunno if it means anything but I thought it sounded cool.

Zzan
06-28-2012, 02:39 PM
Looks good. Yes you will need a resistor for your switch LED if you don't want it to blow.

I know nothing about US boards so I don't know if it drives accent LED's or not, or if you will have to wire it directly off your battery pack, but you will definitely need a resistor.

jedimastergarcia87
06-28-2012, 02:43 PM
Ok. Oh and I'm allowed 290 bucks in August so I will be getting the stuff then. I was going to go for an US but just decided I wanted my own saber that suits me. And I was thinking that a trim ring would make this certain design look off balance anyway. Do you agree?

jedimastergarcia87
06-28-2012, 04:01 PM
Here is the promised shroud drawing. I did the left side of the top shroud curved like that on purpose. The bottom half I like the most. Though the upside down triangle might be hard to do. We'll see. So how is the shroud? Would I need the 18 inch mhs sleeve if I want to do 2 sections?

http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt310/weird_kid_syndrome_josh87/CustomShroud1.jpg

jedimastergarcia87
06-28-2012, 05:21 PM
My saber re-worked since this choke can accept trim rings. Same design just a different choke piece. And here are two blade holders TCSS can have for the future. Hope you like them.

New saber design:
http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt310/weird_kid_syndrome_josh87/Saber6-4.png

Custom blade holders I thought of. They will probably look better if Tim actually takes these into consideration and gets them made. I don't care if Tim uses them. Just don't let someone like US see them and get their hands on them:
http://i622.photobucket.com/albums/tt310/weird_kid_syndrome_josh87/BladeHolders1.jpg

Evilpancreas
06-28-2012, 09:15 PM
Nobody likes US....... They happen to be the best when it comes to ripping off of others work and crediting themselves. What a bunch of weenies.

mrknify
06-28-2012, 10:38 PM
very nice.

jedimastergarcia87
06-29-2012, 06:16 AM
@MrKinfy. TCSS already made your blade holder. :P Looks pretty sweet too once they are actually made. I just did a side view of mine so they can do whatever they like. If mine gets made before the time of purchasing my stuff in August I will use the second drawing. But for now I like my MHS Obi-wan/clan style saber. :)

jedimastergarcia87
06-29-2012, 06:32 AM
And @Evilpancreas, I'm just saying, I don't want US to steal my designs. So if Tim can do it I'd like my blade holders to be kept private. Though US will probably get their hands on my blade holders anyway. e.e

mrknify
06-29-2012, 12:42 PM
lol, i do some designing, but i dont give them out unless asked. my main go right now is the leather grips.

Rafalema
06-29-2012, 01:36 PM
With all due respect, I don't think US is browsing these forums, looking for let's face it; 2D-drawings of possibly conceptual bladeholders, so that they could use it themselves.

I do like how the saber looks, except for the pommel, it seems a bit short compared to the long-esque choke-bladeholder section.

mrknify
06-29-2012, 03:49 PM
oh yes i agree it is short i v the same length bas for my 1st steampunk saber, an i makesa1 hnded so a 32" blade works, but 36+ is too big. my blade is 36 and it is awkward, so i'm cutting it to 32.