PDA

View Full Version : Help! Long Anti Vandal Switch wiring

catmachinist
06-27-2012, 02:28 PM
I have a Novasound 3.0 soundboard that i am wiring into my lightsaber. I am using a long momentary AV switch with 6 pins and 2 pins for the LED. I can get the LED to work, but i can't get the switch to work with the soundboard. There are 2 leads off of the sound board that are marked for the switch and i have tried hooking them up to a pair of the 6 leads in all configurations, but i cannot get the saber to light. I have hooked up a short AV switch with 2 pins and 2 pins for the LED, and it works fine. What am i doing wrong. How should i be wiring the Long AV switch. I am not much good a reading the schematic on the page where i bought the switch, so i could use all the help i can get.
Thanks
Jeremy

Ty_Bomber
06-27-2012, 02:36 PM
The top and bottom center pins are for the led. Easy peasy. I wired mine for the power on the right side with the bottom two prongs to make the switch light up when I pressed the switch down. Another thing you may want to consider is whether the board you're using accepts a latching switch for power. I personally don't know much about the novasound modules.

Jay-gon Jinn
06-27-2012, 03:23 PM
Those switches have the ability to activate two different circuits, but for most applications as only use one set of pins coroner circuit. I usually use the line labelled NO1 and CO1 on those switches.

Jordandau
06-27-2012, 03:24 PM
A quick search will give you the proper diagram.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6374&d=1300742559

The top & bottom are the LED power pos and neg
You'll want to wire to either NC1 & C1 or NO1 & C1, the other side is copied; NC2 & C2 etc.

I am unaware if that board accepts momentary or latching switches, like Ty said. This could be your problem.

DarkarNights
06-27-2012, 04:59 PM
NC stands for normally closed, NO stands for Normally open. CO comletes your circut. The 1 and 2 designate the two different circuits. For what you are wanting to do, you want a normally open circuit, so pushing the button closes the circuit. So use NO1 and CO1.

catmachinist
06-27-2012, 06:25 PM
Thanks guys, that helped a lot. I was thinking that the pins opposite each other where one circuit, not that one side of pins was a circuit. now i have it. and the soundboard does take a momentary switch, i checked into that when i ordered the switch.
Thanks again.
Jeremy