PDA

View Full Version : First build - need help making sure I did not miss anything

liopleurodon
06-24-2012, 07:18 PM
Hello all, this is my first build, so I'm very excited to get started. Here is the list of parts I put together after reading a lot of threads here, hope I did not miss anything:

LED "Corbin style" Show blade 1" OD (36 inches)
** Double Wrap (not really sure what this is)
** Standard
8-32 x 1/2" thumb screw
Rebel Star LED & MHS Heatsink Module
** Luxeon Rebel Star (Green)
MWS BuckPuck
** 1000 mA
4AA Battery Holder with JST connector
16mm Anti Vandal Momentary Green Ring Switch
** 150ohm 1/4w resistor (LED calculator said 1/8W, but 1/4W is what si available, is this a problem?)
MPS Pommel style 3 v1
** MPS Insert style 1
** MPS Clip
Hilt style 2 with standard style switch hole
MHS choke style 1 short
Screw on LED blade holder style 18
Covertec Clip
** Machined button for Covertec clip
** 8-32 x 1/4" socket head

Also, I wanted to do some powder coating on a few of these parts (trans red and black chrome), but every time I try to add ot my cart, it keeps saying that they are no longer available. In fact, I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to add powder coating option. It's no listed under "Services" either. Any help there? Are these colors available, or not?

Thanks for the help!

TuxedoCartman
06-24-2012, 07:58 PM
Take a look here at comparisons between blade types. (http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?5737-Thick-Walled-Blade-Comparison-Pictures) See how the Corbin blades have that central core appearance? That's because of the type of film used as a diffuser in the polycarbonate tube that makes up the blade. A double wrap will be less evenly lit, but with a more pronounced core; a quad wrap will be more evenly lit, but slightly dimmer and with less core.

Also, powder coating is not available at the moment, as the store owner (Tim) needed to take a break from powder coating to focus on other things. I'm sure I'm not alone in hoping he brings it back soon, as he did great work! =)

liopleurodon
06-24-2012, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the info. Very sad that powder coating is not available right now. I wonder if there are shops where that sort of thing can be outsourced.

Evilpancreas
06-24-2012, 08:17 PM
Knowing Tim, he's probably doing something so EPIC its going to blow everyone's mind! Like emitter claws.......