PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with 16mm Anti Vandal Latching Red Ring Switch

Inhalomax
06-14-2012, 10:54 AM
I use an 16mm Anti Vandal Latching Red Ring Switch with a buckpuck 6 wires and 4AAA batterie pack and i don't know how to wiring. I don't use PC for the moment. Can someone help me to make the wiring. I want that the ring on my Switch stay light even when my lightsaber is off.

Thank to one who help me.

Jordandau
06-14-2012, 11:16 AM
Use the store resistor calculator, with red illum switch and 6V as source. That should tell you which resistor to use on the switch.

The buckpuck is for the main LED, not the switch. Switches generally have a limit of around 20ma while main led's run from 700-1,000ma or higher!

Inhalomax
06-14-2012, 10:37 PM
Ho! Yeah i find it thank you. Now my question: where i put my buckpuck? right after my switch or before?

Jordandau
06-15-2012, 12:49 AM
Are you using a sound board?

Vlad Doon
06-15-2012, 01:47 AM
Asuming you don't use a soundboard, this is a diagram of where to wire your switch.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?10709-how-to-wire-a-BuckPuck-with-a-latching-illiminated-switch&highlight=buckpuck+diagram

DarkarNights
06-15-2012, 08:56 PM
If you want the switch led to stay lit while the saber is off, without a PC, you must wire it directly from the battery on it's own parallel circuit separate from the swith circut so that it has a closed circut even when the switch is open. So basically you want the positive from the battery split into a Y branch with one branch going to the ring first ring led terminal and the second ring led terminal going back to branch into the battery negative. Make sure you have the right resistor for the ring led. The other branch goes to the switch positive input and the switches negative output continues onto the buckpuck. Then the buckpuck negative returns to branch back into the battery negative. I know this can be complicated to grasp if you don't have experience with how electrical circuits work, hopefully someone can come up with a diagram to show what I'm describing.