PDA

View Full Version : Wiring check please

TechKnight
06-10-2012, 05:10 PM
Thanks for all the fantastic advice and tutorials all of you have posted. Based on everything that everyone's posted, I've put together a wiring diagram for my first saber project.

I'm planning on wiring two of the Tenergy Li-Ion 18650 Cylindrical 3.7V 2600mAh batteries into a pack with PCB so I can use the recharge port. This is wired to the PC 2.0. For the LEDEngin, I'm trying to have the two green dies for the main blade and adding the RB for the FoC. I have them wired in series, which seems to be the advised method.

The power on and FoC are both controlled by momentary switches, because of the saber design.

I have the red LED hooked up as the general "has power" indicator and the green LED is connected to the accent LED portion of the PC, so it can be controlled by the PC accent led programming.

Does this look right to everyone?

Silver Serpent
06-11-2012, 05:19 AM
Don't forget the resistors on your accent LEDs.

Also, your battery pack doesn't seem to be connected properly. You don't have anything going to the "BM" pad.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Assets/ProductImages/PCB7_2Vp.jpg

You should have the + of one battery and the - of the other battery going to the "BM" pad, and then only one wire going to each of the + and - pads on the PCB.