PDA

View Full Version : Copper Saber Build Going On

jedimastergarcia87
06-09-2012, 07:03 PM
Hey guys. I'm finally getting around to building a new saber. But its going to be doing a copper build. One of our other Lowe's has copper tubing in stock! :D But what I was wondering, I want to use 1 inch copper for like the main blade holder/led holder, then use a coupler for I'm guessing 1 1/2" copper, the next size up from 1 inch, then I was going to get a flanged piece to put on the 1 inch part of the saber. The coupler for the main body pieces will house the buttons and re-charge port. But I wanted to see if those 2 different main body sizes would work or not. Thanks for any info. It'll most likely be a green saber, PC-U, 14500's, 2w bass speaker, etc. So it'll be like, the bigger size on the bottom where the pommel will be at, coupler, 1 inch piece, then the flange piece. Yes I will be doing the saber build, its been talked about and its ago. I just need to know if those sizes will work or not. I'll post a pic if needed. Just shocked that one of our Lowe's has copper. So it'll be a Lowe's custom copper build with TCSS stuff and PC-U. :D So wish me luck. It'll just take awhile to get all the needed electronics. And since its copper tubing, will I need to set the led module ontop of the first button as if it were a pvc build?

brett
06-10-2012, 02:58 AM
Sorry I cannot help with your queries, but wanted to wish you good luck, it sounds like a great idea for a build, look forward to seeing how you progress. And again..Goodluck!

dustunite
06-10-2012, 04:03 PM
the 1" copper tube fits the blade well but the coupler has a OD of 1 1/4". theres probably a 1 - 1 1/2" coupler but its probably slip on one side and threaded on the other so theres a hex section on it that might not be very attractive. You could maybe step it up (1" tube, 1"coupler, 1 1/4" tube, 1 1/4" coupler, etc) soldered together but it gets heavy, and thats even if you can get all those sizes a Lowes. Good luck I'd like to see what you come up with, I've made a copper saber before but it was only a stunt so i never had to get above a 1" coupler.

jedimastergarcia87
06-16-2012, 12:54 PM
I got my issues figured out. I can just fit a 1 inch reducer in the 1 1/2 pipes. I'll post pics once I get everything figured out. They are really going to be used for a movie so they will just be props. Hoping to find a flange piece for the pipes then I can just fit the 1 inch reducer in that. I got the props all figured out though so no worries.