PDA

View Full Version : Starkiller

MyMichelle8
06-07-2012, 10:39 AM

My first interpretation of Starkiller.

Crystal Chambers
06-07-2012, 02:16 PM
You really should remove your ebay sale info seeing as this forum is connected to a store.

More info would good. Is it empty? If not what is in it for electronics? PVC?

Darth Odious
06-07-2012, 02:34 PM
It looks like aluminum piping, with shroud material over it, but can't tell for sure.

MyMichelle8
06-07-2012, 05:09 PM
You really should remove your ebay sale info seeing as this forum is connected to a store.

More info would good. Is it empty? If not what is in it for electronics? PVC?

My aim wasn't a 100% accurate Starkiller. It's just my interpretation of his saber.
It's a hollow hilt. 1 3/8" OD aluminum tubing and 1 1/4" OD steel tubing. It has a nice weight to it even without internals. I'm working my way up to building one with lights and sound. Some of your guys' chassis systems to house the electronics and crystals are really something else.

Jordandau
06-07-2012, 05:42 PM
Just a quick FYI, there's no posting to anything that sells stuff outside this forum that is sold here.

Crystal Chambers
06-07-2012, 05:46 PM
Sales of any type are a no go here. Unless you respect this you might not get the warmest of reception. I just sold a saber on ebay with no mention of it here at all here...till now. lol

There sounds like there might be enough room for electronics. Mounting a blade holder might be difficult. Unless you can make one or have one made. I'm guessing the wall thickness leaves less then 1.25"ID

MyMichelle8
06-07-2012, 06:35 PM
Yeah, that'll be a squeeze. The ID of the aluminum is at 1.25 exact. And consider my post edited.

vargose
06-08-2012, 08:14 PM
What did you use for the bunny ears and switch tray?

MyMichelle8
06-08-2012, 11:05 PM
What did you use for the bunny ears and switch tray?

The ears are from a "smushed" aluminum tube. I cut the segment to length, and then filed the portion that would come in contact with the hilt to make it concave for a snug fit. I know they're tall, but I like them tall. The switch panel is cut from a rifle scope mount I had around. I went really make-shift on this.

brett
06-09-2012, 08:46 AM
Looking great! I think 'make-shift' is what the best sabers are all about. A feeling of well used, well loved. Even using TCSS parts, it is still nice to bring a little of your own surroundings into the build (IMHO)

Crystal Chambers
06-09-2012, 09:50 AM
There's a 1.25" OD blade holder! It might be a bit tight but should fit with a sanding. Sound board and cells might be more challenging but still possible.

Noyl Wendor
06-09-2012, 01:07 PM
There's a 1.25" OD blade holder! It might be a bit tight but should fit with a sanding. Sound board and cells might be more challenging but still possible.

I agree. Finding a soundboard that works with a smallish power solution may be a challange. Try looking here on the forums, there's a couple of tuts that use smaller econo boards (if your looking at a budget), and the store stocks batterys that could work.
That being said I do like the overall set up, very simple. The use of "non-stock" parts is very well done. I my self am a big fan of "use what is available" :) Hardware style builds, are a good sign of thinking outside the box.
Well done ;)

Jhadious Aran
06-09-2012, 03:54 PM
yay for weaver/picatinny rails. great looking saber.

MyMichelle8
06-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Hey! Thanks for looking that up! That's good to know about the blade holder. I slid in a soundboard from a MR Yoda saber and it would fit just fine with a customized housing/chassis. Although that's not exactly what I'd like to use.
Anyways, I think a little more work on this saber may be in order! I definitely appreciate the comments.