PDA

View Full Version : Sith Acolyte parts list check

darren1970
06-07-2012, 07:49 AM
Hi folks. I'm putting together a Sith Acolyte sytle saber from MHS parts.

I have a thread elsewhere where with suggestions from the guys on here, I've put together a list of modular parts ( which I will need to moddify ) to make the body.

NOTE: I'm gonna use a Novasound 3.0 board ( which I have ) the the sound.

Is this list OK for the rest:

Blank style 3 ( x2 )
6" Female extension
Choke style 2
Pommel style 7
D ring insert
Style 1 blade holder
TCSS battle blade
Rebel star red LED and Heatsink unit
5 degree collimator lens
MHS speaker and 4x AAA battery holder
16mm AV switch Nickel
2.1mm power jack
Style 2 Kill plug

Zzan
06-07-2012, 08:06 AM
Rebel Lens Holder
Adhesive thermal tape pad to hold the LED on the heatsink and transfer the heat (get a few, one side of the adhesive protector sheet comes off real easy, the other is a PITA to get off, you may ruin one or two before you get the hang of it)
Blade retention screw (unless you are going to tap and drill the hole yourself and provide your own)
Bezel or mounting block for AV switch and recharge port

Silver Serpent
06-07-2012, 08:21 AM
You've got the preassembled Rebel LED module, so you won't need the thermal tape or the lens holder. There's no real need to get the 5 degree lens, unless you prefer to use it over the 8.7 degree that comes in the module.

darren1970
06-07-2012, 08:58 AM
Cheers guys.

I've got a bit of customizing to do to the modular parts, so I'll probably just get a grub screw and tap the holder to retain the blade.

If the general feeling is that I've gotten everything, then I'll go ahead and order.

Thanks guys

Darren

DarkarNights
06-07-2012, 08:46 PM
Make sure you know how you are mounting your AV switch as there are two different lengths and the long ones will need a bezel to fit properly.

darren1970
06-08-2012, 02:56 AM
I think it's the short AV that I've ordered.

D.