PDA

View Full Version : Laser work.. chassis disks, stands, etc..

Strydur
06-06-2012, 11:18 AM
What would you like to see made available? What other colors would you like the parts available in? Etc...

StickStickly
06-06-2012, 12:51 PM
Well as far as laser work. I saw what you did for Slothfurnace. That was really great ! Is that scroll work "burned" on by the laser? If not.. Are there other "color" options for the scroll work?

More chassis disk types. ie.. Battery Pack-Soundboard Combo ! Disks for different battery pack sizes 18500/650. Blank disks for modification :) Disks that fit in ribbed sections and maybe even small ones for the chokes.

For the stands Id say a Vertical stand option and maybe a stand that could incorperate a partial poly C blade so it looks like the saber is stabbing into something :/ That would be cool.

Thanks

DarkarNights
06-06-2012, 01:33 PM
I'd like to see chassis disks that combine cutouts for PC and stick battery packs. Some tube shaped speaker mounts that creates its own little resonance chamber (maybe 0.75 inch of empty space?) behind the speaker with a small hole for the wires. Maybe some kind of mounting disk designed to secure rumble motors? Maybe a modular stand system where we could mix and match different shaped and sized pieces?

For the stands Id say a Vertical stand option and maybe a stand that could incorperate a partial poly C blade so it looks like the saber is stabbing into something :/ That would be cool.

That would be awesome! Like maybe a replica piece that looks like a blast door being melted through and a few inches of poly blade to stick the hilt on and one arm to hold up the pommel end?

Darth Nater
06-06-2012, 05:59 PM
Not really part of the question unless it falls under the "etc.", but for MHS, maybe some shorter ribbed section offerings and double female sections in different lengths with the patterning of some of the main bodies (aside from fluted).

Jedi Master Taka
06-06-2012, 09:29 PM
Any chance of getting the standard chassis disc that are now only available in metal in a clear acrylic?

TuxedoCartman
06-06-2012, 10:23 PM
Yeah, I'm going to have to second the idea of discs to accommodate battery pack and Petite Crouton, if possible. I also like the idea of the metal chassis disc styles offered in clear acrylic. Other than that, I dunno... maybe some sort of crystal chamber window piece?

Xanatos1986
06-07-2012, 12:03 AM
Def a PC/battery combo. Maybe a stand for multiple sabers. Great work as usual Tim keep it up.

madmaxx
06-07-2012, 01:39 AM
Maybe a male thread on one end of the mhs body sections. Other than that more designs of pommels and blade holders. as always love your work:-D

Ari-Jaq Xulden
06-07-2012, 07:08 AM
How about some laser etched designs on sleeve material. Not necessarily as intricate as the scroll work, but familiar patterns. TCSS logo, Jedi Star, Mando Skull, etc. How crazy can you get with the the thing? Can you for example match say a knurling pattern with it? then also apply it to a knurled piece to give it almost a powder in the groove effect? Oh and definitely PC/battery combo discs.

Lawrs1
06-07-2012, 07:51 AM
Like maybe a replica piece that looks like a blast door being melted through and a few inches of poly blade to stick the hilt on and one arm to hold up the pommel end?

I Rather liked that Idea So I did a quick model

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t85/lawrs182/3DS/DoorStand.jpg

Back to topic, sorry for minor thread derail

Batosai
06-07-2012, 03:26 PM
chassis discs for pc+battery would be great

Darth Odious
06-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Chassis discs for standard buckpucks, without the slot for the MWS board.
(And a space to route wires)

Strydur
06-10-2012, 02:09 PM
Added discs for PC and battery packs today.

Knighthammer
06-10-2012, 05:41 PM
I love the look of the new discs Tim - keep it up!
Will the older PC cards work with them as well? I still have one kicking around ;)

Jay
06-11-2012, 05:00 PM
I would love to see some of the pommel inserts redone on the clear acrylic colors. Maybe add some green, purple, yellow or amber, smoked clear, could make for some cool crystal pommels thingy's. Definitely some chassis discs for the ribbed/ribbed-grooved sections.

xl97
06-12-2012, 08:25 AM
I think clear pommel inserts would be slick too.. (as well as disks for the ribbed sections..battery & wire pass holes)

TCSS key chains!

Swordlord
06-12-2012, 10:17 AM
Regarding colors, I think transparent fluorescent (day-glo) colors for the chassis pieces would be primo.
http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/1581/plasticsplexmcfluoresce.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/853/plasticsplexmcfluoresce.jpg/)

Jay
06-12-2012, 05:10 PM
I think clear pommel inserts would be slick too.. (as well as disks for the ribbed sections..battery & wire pass holes)

TCSS key chains!

Yeah man! I didn't even think of key Chains.

Darth Scorn
06-13-2012, 07:27 PM
Some new chokes designed for the mid section of the saber, not as thin as the existing ones and with grooves like the main bodies would be cool. Thanks for all the great work you do for us

The_Night
06-13-2012, 08:52 PM
acrylic cards for the control boxes could be cool. maybe with options similar to the stands with text or symbols? i agree colored pommel inserts with the acrylic could be sweet. maybe see multiple saber stands as well? that could hold 1-X sabers either horizontal or verticle (like PastorJedi used to make maybe). or an acylic blade holder rack of sorts. think two larger [1 foot diameter maybe] acrylic discs with 1 inch holes drilled equal distance apart and a rod or 2 in the middle to keep it together. the bottom could either have holes as well or flat to hold sabers with blades on or just blades.

Darth Odious
06-15-2012, 06:36 AM
acrylic cards for the control boxes could be cool. maybe with options similar to the stands with text or symbols?

That would be boss.

Estine Shabone
06-15-2012, 10:59 AM
I'd find it great if the acrylic stands would be available again ;)

VicSkimmr
06-18-2012, 08:06 AM
Probably a pipe dream, but any chance of making a disc that holds a battery pack and the igniter board? I'm going to assume no since it isn't a TCSS board, but it would be great if we could get a "universal" type disc for different boards.

Kant Lavar
06-19-2012, 02:01 AM
The one thing I'm looking at is that aluminum disk that's designed to lock between MHS sections... and how the holes in it won't work with the acrylic disks.

I'm just thinking out loud here... ;)

Strydur
06-19-2012, 10:19 AM
Two of the holes in the aluminum ones do match up with the acrylic ones..

ERRRR.... maybe not.. I totally missed that lol.. I will see what I can do to adress that issue.

Jedi Mynock
06-24-2012, 01:03 PM
BRASS chassis discs! please?

Onli-Won Kanomi
06-28-2012, 03:26 AM
Will this disk http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Acrylic-Chassis-Disc-for-PC-20-and-14500-side-by-side-pack-P774.aspx work with the 2xAA battery holder as well as a 2x14500 pack and if not could an acrylic disk be made that would?

+1 on laser engraved acrylic MPS pommel inserts and on laser engraved acrylic activation box blingstrips...cool possibilites there methinks...

Strydur
06-28-2012, 10:04 AM
Will this disk http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Acrylic-Chassis-Disc-for-PC-20-and-14500-side-by-side-pack-P774.aspx work with the 2xAA battery holder as well as a 2x14500 pack and if not could an acrylic disk be made that would?

+1 on laser engraved acrylic MPS pommel inserts and on laser engraved acrylic activation box blingstrips...cool possibilites there methinks...

No as the battery holder is larger and this can not be made any larger than it is.

Wong Yoon Wei
06-28-2012, 10:23 AM
Well Tim, I asked a few weeks back via email if the acrylic disk will fit a CF5.10 and you wasn't sure. I went ahead and order the discs anyway and well they do fit a CF5.10 perfectly. I am really happy with the disks. Beautifully made and durable. They fit a PC1.5 (and by extension PC1.6) perfectly too. I was thinking maybe you want to put that info in the store so others know too.