PDA

View Full Version : Having problems getting cellophane wrap into my tube. Any help?

JediGuardian18
06-02-2012, 10:11 PM
Hello all. I bought Tim's TCSS battle blade and it gets very dim at the top. So I decided to try and put some transparent gift wrap in it to even out the light. I am, however, having a lot of problems. I am using the diffuser that came with the blade to help me roll the wrap into the tube shape I need, but I can't get it to go into the polyc tube without it unraveling or not keeping its tube shape. I'm rolling it as tight as I can, but I can't get it to go into the blade without it crumbling and looking really bad. When I am almost done rolling it up and then I cut it off of the roll of gift wrap it always starts to unravel and I cannot get the part that I cut at to not unroll the whole thing and the tube just never keeps its shape when I try and put it in the tube. I don't know what I am doing wrong. I need some help or tips if anyone has any to offer; I would be most appreciative, as I really want a nice even blade. Thank you to anyone that can help! :)

Lucien Kane
06-02-2012, 10:31 PM
This takes a little bit of practice. I did a few blades before I really got it down. I use a thin metal rod, but you can use a wooden dowel rod. Make sure it's small enough to fit inside the blade. Then roll the cellophane wrap around it, not super tight mind you, you actually want a little play so you can pull the dowel out after you're done putting it inside the blade. Then just put it in the blade and pull the dowel out. Make sure your cello wrap unrolls enough to fill up the inside of the blade tightly.

Sometimes if you twist the cello as you're inserting it, it can help you keep it from crunching up inside he blade.

It's an easy process once you get it down, it just takes some practice and some finesse.

directorcass
06-03-2012, 06:15 AM
^^^^^^ Have to agree. I did my first blade a month ago. Pulled out a few feet of cellophane and rolled it around a long wooden dowel I picked up at Hobbylobby. Stuck it in the blade. I sorta twisted the dowel in going in the direction of the wrap so it would stay wrapped. It went staright in with no problem. Then I shook the blade a little to let the cellophane unwrap from the dowel and fill the inside of the blade and then pulled the dowel out. A little hot glue action and I was done.