PDA

View Full Version : I need a wiring diagram, PLEASE HELP.

Guardian Xentai Kaarz
05-30-2012, 08:02 PM
Im looking to build an MHS saber but i want the whole nine yards. I already own a US Aeon V3 LE without sound. This next saber ill probably be my last and i want it to be awesome. I need a wiring diagram on how to wire A rechargable 7.4 li ion with speaker and PC 2.0 sound, RICE port, Recharge port, buckpuck, momentary switch and white P4. Some help on making holes for switches, ports and retention screws would be awesome. Oh and some help on cutting a shroud.

Guardian Xentai Kaarz
05-30-2012, 08:33 PM
or wouldit be easier to build my saber without rice and change the fonts with the little card thing like Madcow's sabers?

Jordandau
05-30-2012, 09:41 PM
What's the buckpuck for?

Boj-Vaati Mau
05-30-2012, 09:53 PM
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?14348-R-I-C-E-port-wiring&highlight=RICE And the pads are marked on the board. ;) No need for a Buck Puck as the PC resists the LED any way. There are several threads on wiring the rest of the PC and it's shown in the manual in the store. For drilling holes; a caliper, power drill, a good set of drill bits, and an automatic center punch will do ya. For screw holes add in a Drill & Tap set of the appropriate size to the previous list. Shroud cutting takes graph paper, a Dremel with Fiber Reinforced Cutting wheels, and MHS Sleeve Material or Sink Tube will work. Oh and some patients and practice too. :D

Zzan
05-31-2012, 06:32 AM
or wouldit be easier to build my saber without rice and change the fonts with the little card thing like Madcow's sabers?

I don't believe RICE allows you to change fonts. I am pretty sure you would still have to remove the SD card and manually change them. RICE can edit the config file and change your settings contained in that file which makes the whole process of fine tuning WAAAAYYY easier and less time consuming, but you will still have to remove the card to change fonts.

As others have mentioned you do not need the buckpuck if you are using a PC. Most of the various drill/tap hole placement can be done through special order at the store (there are even items you can put in your cart to detail what you want done) if you don't have the tools or ability to do yourself.

The only wiring diagrams you should need are in the manual for the PC. Anything else has been covered many times in the wiring and schematics section.

Read, read, read :)

Everyone here will help you if you get stuck, or have questions about what you read, but most will not spoon feed you. The info is here and most is even stickied.

And if you can make the saber you describe then have it truly be your last then you have more willpower than the rest of us :)

Arryck Corso
05-31-2012, 03:20 PM
As far as shrouds are concerned, I'm a DIYer and my tools of the trade are a Dremel with flex shaft attachment, some fine tooth files for cleaning up the cuts and a variety of sandpaper to smooth everything out. With all that and design you like it just takes a little time and effort. If you go the A to Z build thread and look up my AETHON build you can see what I'm currently building and what is possible. My main shroud (with the polishing) has around 18 hours in it. It can be hard but it's not impossible.