PDA

View Full Version : Can we get a WHITE powder coating option ???

StickStickly
05-27-2012, 05:59 AM
Just as the title says.... Can TCSS please get a white powder coating option... I have a really great MHS Storm Tropper saber id like to build but I would need the white powder coating for sure ! Thanks !

Stickstickly

Strydur
05-27-2012, 09:36 AM
We have white and will do white with the understanding that if there are any defects such as dark speckles, etc.. then you must live with it.

StickStickly
05-27-2012, 11:51 PM
Thanks for the reply strydur ! I dont know a lot about how powder coating "works" .... Could you explain this "possible" defect/dark speckle ??? Thanks again

Strydur
05-28-2012, 12:19 AM
It is sprayed on with a gun and then heated in a oven. I have to switch colors which involves cleaning the gun,etc. This can lead to possible transfer of one color to another. With white it stands out more than any other color and I got tired of scraping parts or redoing them so I took it off as a option. Its kind of like wearing a white shirt while working, its bound to get dirty.

StickStickly
05-28-2012, 03:53 PM
Hmm ok. Well I suppose I'll take my chances then. Ill be emailing once Im ready for the build ! :) Thanks again Strydur !