PDA

View Full Version : Another PITA parts list...

Kailthir
05-20-2012, 06:19 AM
Ok I know we all hate this, but this is my first build and I would like to get it right. I have read alot on the forums to include tutorials etc. And yes I did read the awesome post by Lord Dottore Matto http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?6430-n00b!-So-you-want-to-build-a-MHS-saber-huh.

It is a bit outdated but without it, I wouldn't know what to really buy. Thanks Matto.

Here is my list:
Pummel #14
Pummel insert style #6
Double ended female extention 2"
Double ended male adapter style #2
Blade holder #16
Main body #1 Garded style switch hole
4AA batt holder woth JST connectors
SPST Latching garded switch(blue)
Rebel star LED & HMS hest sink module (green)
1/8 heat shrink tubing 1'
Screw 4-40 buton head (secure the batt holder)
Led trans white battle blade 1" OD (36")
Drill and tap 2 holes 8-32 (for blade retention screw and for covertec belt clip)
8-32x3/8 set screw (blade retention screw. looks more polished with a screw that is hidden)
Covertec button and belt clip
8-32x3/8 socket head (secure covertec button to hilt)
Buck puck 1000Ma 6 wire. (only buck puck in stock. I rather not use a resister if I can help it)

Now for the real questions... The 6 wire buck puck... what is the difference between to 6 wire and the 4 wire. I will not be using sound anytime soon. I do have some old MR Darth Maul(x2), Anakin ROTS, Luke ROTJ sabers that I could gut later if I want sound (least I think it would work).

I am not the best electrician. I have no clue when it comes to resisters or buck pucks etc. I have read a few posts in the last 2 weeks about the stuff but to me it is still confusing. I do understand that I need a resistor 3.3 ohms 5 watt or a 1000Ma buck puck (the resistor chart on the main page told me this). Just not sure on the 4 or 6 wire. Anyone having any input would be surely appreciated. I would like to order soon (right now I have the money.. YEAH!!!:D)

Silver Serpent
05-21-2012, 06:49 AM
You want the MPS clip to hold your pommel insert in place. I don't see anything else missing from your list.

There's no real difference between the 4 and 6 wire buckpuck, except that you can use the extra two wires for dimming the LED. Most people want plenty of brightness, so you can safely ignore the extra two wires.