PDA

View Full Version : Hilt insulation

Evilpancreas
05-19-2012, 11:07 AM
What do you guys use to insulate your hilts? I might be able to make a chassis using PVC piping, but I'd prefer to use something that wil fill up the hilt.

TuxedoCartman
05-19-2012, 12:35 PM
I found some heat-shrink tubing that is nearly the exact diameter of the inside of most MHS parts. Since its just slightly larger, I slit it length-wise, and let it overlap on itself. Line the inside of the saber like this, and voila.

Evilpancreas
05-19-2012, 12:48 PM
Sweet. I didn't want my bits and pieces to rattle around in the hilt while I was flailing the saber.

Kevin Starwaster
05-19-2012, 01:00 PM
M&M minis tube for certain extension pieces which are 1.15" inside. The tube has a bit of taper and which means a slight reduction in available space towards the end but it has possibilities. I think it was Silver Serpent who clued me in about the Minis tube for making a speaker holder that would fit in my R/B extension but I've played around with other uses, like making cradles or chassis disks out of the lid. Anyway you could use that to line with

Jin Ke
06-10-2012, 09:13 AM
I've always just used packing foam... You can cut it down to any shape or size you need. :)