PDA

View Full Version : Just checking my parts

Kael-Duvar Hawkens
05-16-2012, 07:37 PM
Ok so heres all that i have in my basket
4AA Battery Holder
Convertec Clip
LED "Crobin style" Battle Blade 1" OD (34 inches)
Collimator Lens 8.7 deg viewing angle
Seoul P4 (Green)
Seoul P4 lens holder
8-32 x 1/8" set screw (for blade retention)
150ohm 1/4w resistor
star thermal tape pad
ribbed grooved/choke combo
LED blade holder style 20
MHS "new style" heat sink
MPS Pommel style 8
Drill & Tap hole (8-32) for the convertec clip
Drill & Tap hole (8-32) for the retention hole
Hilt style 3 with standard style switch hole
3/16" ID Black O-Ring
16mm Anti Vandal Latching Green Ring Switch
Activation box style 6
Drill & Tap hole (6-32) for the activation box
6-32 socket head cap screw

Those are all my pieces. Please let me know if i should change/add/remove anything. THANKS!!!

Silver Serpent
05-17-2012, 05:16 AM
I see you have a resistor for your switch led, but I don't see one for the Seoul P4.
You'll also need a 8-32 socket head screw for the covertec button. A plastic button comes with the covertec clip. You may wish to get one of the machined metal ones.
You are also missing a pommel insert and MPS clip for holding the insert in place.

If you don't have any fine gauge wire, go ahead and pick some up from the store. The stuff sold here works really well. Some heatshrink as well for covering the solder joints.

As an FYI, the standard switch hole will need to be enlarged to allow the AV switch to fit in it. You can have that done as a service, or do it yourself with a drill press, files, dremel, etc. You're using an activation box, so the switch will be secure even if the hole is a little wonky.

Kael-Duvar Hawkens
05-17-2012, 06:34 AM
I see you have a resistor for your switch led, but I don't see one for the Seoul P4.
What kind of resistor, I read up on the Seoul P4 but i cant figure out which one to use

Silver Serpent
05-17-2012, 06:40 AM
http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz is your friend. (At least until you have the formula figured out and can do it on your own)

Values for the P4 are listed on the store page for the Seoul P4.

Darth Nater
05-17-2012, 06:20 PM
Go down to the bottom of the store items on the left side and click on LED resistor chart. You will find what you are looking for here, Just change the settings to P4 Green and a 6V source (if you are using 4AAA batteries).