PDA

View Full Version : Time to start a new project

Rob
05-15-2012, 10:31 PM
Greetings,

Now that I have finished building my astromech I thought I'd try a saber. Would someone mind eyeballing this to make sure I am not forgetting anything?

Blade holder, style 11
MPS pommel, style 8
Hilt, style 4, guarded
MHS speaker and battery holder
Petit 2.0
2w speaker
TCSS battle blade
Rebel Star Pre-Wired LED & MHS Heatsink Module
Guarded switch
22ga wire

Unless I can use activation box 14 in that and then I would want to add the necessary components for it. Would all of that fit in there?

Silver Serpent
05-16-2012, 05:51 AM
You'll need a pommel insert and an MPS clip to hold it in place. You'll also need a second switch for the aux functions on the PC2.0 (it must be momentary)

You can easily use an activation box with that setup, and it'll make it simpler to install your switches. Send an email to the store to see about getting the Hilt Style 4 with the Box14 hole service instead of the existing guarded switch hole.

Ty_Bomber
05-16-2012, 08:06 AM
You may want to get yourself some 26 or 28 gauge wire too. It comes highly recommended, and will save you much needed space if you have to slip everything in tight.

Rob
05-16-2012, 08:31 AM
Ty_Bomber and Silver Serpent,

Thanks for the replies. I will add those things to my list and email about the services. I have been browsing the forums and have to say that you guys have done some amazing work with your sabers. While the cost of these are a great deal less than the R2 was I have a feeling that these might be addicting enough that I will be making a few. I will try not to ask "too many" questions.

Rob

Ty_Bomber
05-16-2012, 12:05 PM
Keep reading and you'll be fine. But yeah... Hope you have some disposable income. This gets expensive fast.