PDA

View Full Version : Girlfriends new saber

DarthRevenchist89
05-15-2012, 02:18 PM
My girlfriend and i have been playing way too much swtor lately. One day my girlfriend turned to me and asked to make her a saber for her birthday. I asked what style she liked and she looked for all of about three seconds and she saw sloths and boshwans satele sabers and she was hooked on that design. I used to have access to that kind of machinery but no longer since i was caught cutting a saber they have revoked my lab access. That really sucked. Knowing this she still liked that design so i tried my best to come up with and appropriate design with mhs parts.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6886&d=1337113833

What its made from:
2-five inch extentions
2-plain trim rings
2-style 22 blade holders
1-double male sections
2-blue rebel stars
2-mws 1000mA buckpucks
2-30" tcss battle blades with bullet tips
The whole thing is about 60" long. She was a little hesitant about the length because she is five foot tall.
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6887&d=1337113834
She wanted each end to be able to standalone(turn one end off while the other stays on).I have the emitter fins designed and plan on getting them machined and possibly welded to the blade holder(not sure about this but there are about a thousand shops around me that weld on aluminum). I also have scolling designed but have yet to be approved by the girlfriend. On sateles saber in the hope trailer she has scrolling on her hilt and that was also something that she wanted.

Evilpancreas
05-15-2012, 04:20 PM
I really like the bladeholder that you picked. The overall look of the saber is very "streamlined" and smooth. Very nicely done!

brett
05-15-2012, 07:08 PM
That looks great, amazing that with CSS parts you can now get so close to that design! My sympathies on no more lab access. It made me smile when I read you were caught cutting a saber at work, but I know it must be frustrating. Good luck with the rest of the build!

Ty_Bomber
05-15-2012, 09:54 PM
Dope! How are you thinkin of doing the etching?

DarthRevenchist89
05-16-2012, 02:59 AM
I would like to do it myself but the pattern she decided on is pretty complicated and im not sure if i can by hand. The last time i just had an overlay and cut through the shroud material. My back up plan is to maybe get a local shop that has a rotary head cnc mill to cut it. I will just have to see. Mostly worried about those fins first. THAT seems like it will be the hardest to get them to look right on a smaller design.