PDA

View Full Version : MR/ Hasbro wiring.

Noah Thomas
05-14-2012, 03:10 PM
I am slightly new to the world of making sabers, so I just have a few questions about MR/ Hasbro soundboards. I am skilled enough to use a petit crouton, which I did in my Luke ANH saber, but I would like to use the MR Luke ROTJ soundboard for another saber I have in the works. My question: Why do MR/Hasbro soundboards have all those seperate LED wires? I plan to make an LED string blade, so I just want to know what all of those wires mean? Obviously for a conversion to a Seoul P4, for instance, one of those brightly colored wires is the positive and the rest go to the negative. I know this from looking at the conversion threads. But why are there so many wires?

pezzer75
05-14-2012, 04:42 PM
The string blade in the MR and Hasbro sabers are segmented, basically broken up in to 6 groups, so that it can give the scrolling ignition and retraction. So if you wanted to make a string blade do the same effect as the original MR string you would have to do the same thing. I believe eastern57 has a few tutorials about string blades over on the FX forums.

Noah Thomas
05-14-2012, 04:50 PM
Great thanks, I'll check that out.

Noah Thomas
05-14-2012, 04:59 PM
Also, and if I could find this out from other threads but I haven't I'm sorry, there are several similar wires on the MR/ Hasbro soundboards that run to the battery pack. If I'm going to do recharable batteries, or a standard 4 AA battery pack (usually found at radioshack), what do I do with all those damn wires?

pezzer75
05-16-2012, 04:12 AM
The wires I think your referring to are the speaker wires. The best solution for this would probably be this http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/MHS-speaker-and-battery-holder-P315.aspx
Check on this thread http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?8593-MR-Hasbro-FX-Wiring-Diagrams That should point you in the right direction.
The wires are usually laid out about the same, but if you still have a wire that you don't know what its for, post a picture. It'll be easier to know whats what.