PDA

View Full Version : Introducing....me!

Draygo
05-06-2012, 03:50 PM
Hello All,

I just wanted to take a minute to introduce myself as I have a feeling my lurking may be over and I may become more interactive. Parts arrived two days ago and my circuit is almost complete. I had no idea it was going to be such a cram job though. Hopefully it all fits!

So many posts here have been helpful and although I would like to thank individuals for their amazing posts/tutorials, it would be way too long a list. This is a fantastic Community and Tim's work with the store is incredible. It takes a lot of commitment to constantly be putting out so many items that make this hobby even "easier". A big thanks to all of you.

PS - did everyone else get weird reactions when you tell someone, "I'm building a lightsaber"

TuxedoCartman
05-06-2012, 04:09 PM
Welcome! Glad to have you actually joining in with us here! :)

And oh god yes, did I get some looks, LOL... I'd get the looks of, "Oh no, you'll never find a girlfriend now" when I'd tell them about it, but those same people turned into little kids when i showed them, and they all wanted to play with it.

Darth Nater
05-06-2012, 05:04 PM
My wife basically told me how much of a dork I was. My reply.. "You married me."

amwolf
05-06-2012, 08:03 PM
Everyone who hears what my hobby is gets that look like "grow up..." but when you place a saber in their hands - even a stunt - they get a glint in their eye! Usually. Except there was this one guy who works at a leather shop (I needed a section to wrap a hilt) who looked at the hilt and said "Did you get all that at The Custom Saber Shop? I keep thinking about building one." My jaw hit the floor.

Draygo
05-07-2012, 12:25 PM
That all sounds about right. It's that "Really?" reaction like you just tried to pull an April fools joke on them. I would be dumbfounded too if someone I spoke to actually knew about TCSS.

brett
05-07-2012, 07:55 PM
PS - did everyone else get weird reactions when you tell someone, "I'm building a lightsaber"

Welcome Draygo! You should post that question by itself ha ha. I am sure many would enjoy telling of the quizzical or blank looks people got making that statement!

Draygo
05-12-2012, 12:32 PM
It works! It works!!!

The clash isn't very sensitive, but I'm not surprised, I did a crap job on it. I think I'll use my back up one and mount it off the board and see if that helps.

dustunite
05-12-2012, 01:51 PM
congrats on the cram, and that ? should be a thread. even my friends that are huge star wars fans questioned me when i told them i was going to start making lightsabers, but now they're all glad i did. everyone seems to have same reaction when they tell someone about this hobby, has anyone ever met someone (a stranger for instance) that said' "me too?"