PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Parts List Questions - Please & Thank you :)

Waisulee
05-01-2012, 04:44 AM
(updated) Hi everyone. Been spending a long time researching saber building, and have developed a basic understanding with he help of some great teachers on these forums. Before I go back to working on my graflex was thinking of building a simple saber that I can easily add/remove my MR Anakin sound card in with the use of MWS.

Parts check for wiring:
- MHS rebel star
- MWS guarded latching switch
- MWS buckpuck
- Premium Speaker
- 2AA Battery holder
- MR Anakin card
- 5v regulator

Questions with MR installed:
- Am I correct in thinking that the buck puck isn't needed with the MR board as it already has a resistor? (thinking of swapping it in/out in place of MR sound card)
- if using 2 14500 Lithium Batteries with a 2AA Battery holder I must use a 5v regulator on the positive wire going into the board
- or is it simpler to use MHS speaker and battery holder with rechargeable batteries (aaa x 4 = 4.8V)

Questions without MR installed:
- will 7.2V, with 2 li-ion 14500's and MWS buckpuck, power the MHS rebel star efficiently?
- or should I just use 2 x aa regular non-chargables?

General Questions:
- does it make sense to build my own MWS 2 AA battery/speaker unit to allow for easy disconnect from sound card while at the same time not having to remove speaker when sound card not installed?

- am I just totally out of my skull with my thinking? lol Seriously though...

I appologise for such a long post with many questions. I know it can fall on several differed threads but i wish to be ready for the May 4th sale and hoped to consolidate my understanding/questions into one place as simply as possible. I've been privileged to have received some great advice here in the past from awesome teachers. Looking forward to another great time getting to know more folks.
Thanks in advance

w

Xanatos1986
05-02-2012, 10:22 AM
MR boards are a dime a dozen i would just buy another board and keep the on you got inside of it. i honestly think you would be more happy with a li-ion 18650 3.7v for power source.

Zzan
05-02-2012, 11:31 AM
Buckpucks have a minimum voltage of 5v according to the description in the store.

Xanatos1986
05-02-2012, 01:02 PM
i understand that Zzan, but I have wired plenty of MR boards with or with out resistors, hand have got very nice results :) and the cost is not that much for a MR board thats why i recomended to him to get another :)