PDA

View Full Version : Wiring diagram check

Yoshi-Taka
04-26-2012, 02:41 PM
I'm extremely excited over the Petit Crouton now being sold as pre-wire in the MWS, but I wanted to make sure all my hookups were correct before I start ordering parts and trying to put things together that won't work. So here's the diagram I made using pictures from the store:

(Sorry for the.. MSPaint aesthetic. First diagram ever. Also this is a link. Click it?) (http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/SA-JtK/wire.png)

I flipped the PC image so the orientation would match the manual (made making this way easier).
Obviously I'm not sure about the switches and battery/recharge. For the recharge and battery, would I be able to wire them to one JST, then connect that to the respective JST on the PC? Same idea for the switches, would it work? And if I'm reading the manual correctly, I won't need a resistor for the main LED (I'm not using accent LEDs this time around), am I correct?

Sorry for all the questions; I just don't want to screw this up. Thanks

Xanatos1986
04-26-2012, 03:18 PM
to be honest all those connectors seem like a waste of space... before ordering the PC i would read the manual... the set up you have I can see you have a general idea, but the manual tells you how to wire up your switches and recharge port. good start though

Yoshi-Taka
04-26-2012, 03:35 PM
My confusion is, moreover, with all the JST connectors, especially with the battery/recharge and the switches. That's really the only thing I need cleared up.

TuxedoCartman
04-26-2012, 04:34 PM
I'll be honest: I'm as excited as you are about a pre-wired PC. Looking at the pictures, , though, I can't quite tell how the switches will connect. I mean, there's three pads for two switches, and the auxiliary has to connect to the main switch, so I have no idea how that's accomplished with JST connectors.

But the way I figure it, worst case scenario, is it's easier to cut the JST connectors off and solder wires together, than it is to solder onto those tiny little pads.

Yoshi-Taka
04-26-2012, 05:06 PM
That's basically what I'm considering doing for the switches. It seems much easier than trying to work out the JST for it. Unless Tim can explain it, of course.

Jay-gon Jinn
04-26-2012, 09:40 PM
The picture is a bit misleading....there appears to be two JST connectors where the switch pads are soldered to the board, but it looks like the plugs are stacked on top of each other making it look like there is only one plug there, when there are in fact two...one for the main switch, one for the aux.

Yoshi-Taka
04-26-2012, 10:08 PM
Then my eyes weren't deceiving me! That's a huge relief.. thanks Jay.

I also read the manual for the PC a bit more, and got some outside assistance to double-check my wiring, so I understand how to do the recharge port with this setup now. It'll take a bit of rewiring but should work properly. As far as I can tell, everything else should be correct. I'm assuming I'm correct in not needing a resistor with the main LED? I ask because I know the "always use a resistor" motto

Elim Vos
04-27-2012, 01:49 AM
I have the same question in regards to the resistor.
My other concern is in most of the photos I've seen here, on the PC boards,
there are what appears to be swing and clash sensors mounted to the
board.
my question.....are they now integrated into the newer 2.0 or do
i need to purchase sensors?

taking my first steps into a larger world.......

Silver Serpent
04-27-2012, 05:48 AM
The PC 2.0 uses an accelerometer instead of the swing and clash sensors. It's one of the tiny chip-looking things on the board. You won't need to purchase extra sensors.

No resistor needed for the main LED. The board will drive the main LED properly without one. If you're using the FoC effect, you will need a resistor for that.

Elim Vos
04-27-2012, 06:46 AM
i was thinking that was the case
thank you for answering several questions at once.

will start posting pics once i start assembling.

Yoshi-Taka
04-27-2012, 09:58 AM
I/we would need a resistor for accent LED's too, right?

Elim Vos
04-27-2012, 10:28 AM
yes, you will need one

Guardian Xentai Kaarz
05-30-2012, 08:12 PM
can anyone send me a wiring diagram for the Prewired Petit Cruton with RICE port, recharge port, momentary main switch, momentary aux switch, buckpuck, white p4, and 7.4v battery pack?

Zzan
05-31-2012, 06:52 AM
can anyone send me a wiring diagram for the Prewired Petit Cruton with RICE port, recharge port, momentary main switch, momentary aux switch, buckpuck, white p4, and 7.4v battery pack?

Why do you need a wiring diagram for a prewired PC?

Why do you only have 3 posts and they are all the same question in different threads.

Did you read anything (aka. stickies that deal with forum rules, basic saber build, anything) here before you started asking for hand me outs?

Read, read, read. We will help, we will not spoon feed. The information you seek is here, 90% would be answered if you just read the PC manual which is linked from the product page in the store.