PDA

View Full Version : Stunt with Recharge & Lit AV switch Diagram/Tutorial ??????

StickStickly
04-20-2012, 12:12 PM
Hello all,

Sorry to bother, I am wanting to start a stunt project but I want to put a Rechargeable Li Ion Dual 18650 Pack in it with a lit AV switch and a 10watt LED Engine WWWW.

I have been looking on here for a while and couldnt seem to find what I need as far as a tutorial / diagram. I'm sure its here..... lol I just cant seem to find it..

Also I was looking to have the LED Engine 10Watt WWWW use all four dies but wasnt sure how you wire that up for a stunt... Im assuming they would all be in series but not sure.

Any direction would be much appreciated. Thanks for your patients. :) Stick Stickly

TuxedoCartman
04-20-2012, 12:24 PM
First question: are you using a LED driver, a buck-puck, or a resistor on the main LED in this saber? Knowing that will make it easier to help you.

As for the LED Engin, if you're using the 7.4 volt 18650 Li-Ion pack sold here in the store, you'll want to wire two of the whites up in series, then wire the other two whites up in a separate series, then wire both of those series together in parallel. Then invest heavily in sunglasses because that thing's going to be bright enough you'll go blind.

Xanatos1986
04-20-2012, 12:31 PM
Agree I do with cartman... my rebel white is bright and almost need glasses lol so that x4 OMG... that could double as a awesome flash light lol

StickStickly
04-20-2012, 12:33 PM
I would be using a resistor most likely... lol I have never made a set up like this before so Im assuming that would be the easiest. If a different way would be better please do tell. :) Ok so 2 die in series.. the other 2 in series and then wiring them in parallel is where im a little lost.

As far as the rest.. How would I wire up that LED in that config & have recharge port & lit White ring AV Switch ??? Doing a regular switch is easy but Ive never wired a lit AV with a stunt before... nor recharge... Thanks.

thejedilestat
04-20-2012, 03:10 PM
i have never used a LED Engine so i cant help you with that but the battery & recharge port & led switch i can (well i hope i can)help with.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=6771&d=1334959288
^^^
it should help you see how to wire your set up but in the photo i have a rebel star without resistor on the Li Ion Dual 18650 Pack. this would fry the rebel and idk what reistor you would need for the LED Engin but the led is there cuz i have worked with it. any who i have tryed my best to help and i hope i have so good luck...

oh if you wire the led in the switch the way i have in the photo it will be on when the kill key is removed and stay that way with or without main led on or off. if you want it on with the blade just put the + on the the main LED side of the switch

StickStickly
04-20-2012, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the diagram.. I will admit that it is hard to understand.. So ... From the battery pack... ( Regardless of pack type ) .. You would have the Batt + go to the recharge port..... Switch + .... Switch LED + .... Main LED + AND Then... Batt - to recharge port..... Switch LED - ...... Main LED - ????? Did I get that correctly ?

Also Like you said... I would have to make sure to have the correct resistor for the LED Engine 10watt WWWW Main LED ( Makes sence ) And what about the Switch LED ?? That would probly need a resistor too right ???

Thanks !

thejedilestat
04-22-2012, 02:20 AM
http://www.plecterlabs.com/Media/RechargePort.jpg
^^^
this will help better then i can at the moment... the switch led will need a resistor also in order to keep it from frying

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?2235-Recharge-port-hookup

^^^
also have a read of this if you havent already =)

StickStickly
04-22-2012, 05:52 AM
Thanks... I actually already know how to hook up a recharge port... I just have never done it with a STUNT saber before and wasnt sure if it was any different also with the additon of a 10watt LEDEngine WWWW running all four die & a lit AV switch.