PDA

View Full Version : Formal Introduction

Lucien Kane
04-18-2012, 09:39 PM
Hello everyone! I am Lucien Kane, I am a martial artist, former Marine, Jr. High pastor in training lol and many other things. I've been dueling with lightsabers for about 5 years, I used wooden training swords when I was a kid, and when I got to the Marine Corps I found the wonders of the MR FX lightsaber. I've broken about every FX saber there is.... and never knew there was a whole world out there converting these bad boys.

Discovered parksabers, and bought my first EL blade, it was amazing, and I was in love with it... I still have that hilt, but the electronics broke... as did with my second parks a custom phase blade. I still have both of those hilts, and I'm going to be installing light and sound on both of them in the future... I just need to buy some 10mm LED's for them, and figure out what sound boards I'm putting in.

I never figured I'd get into building lightsabers, as I am currently in the "broke college student" status, but I met a local guy who's been building PVC sabers forever and he's teaching me to smith while I'm teaching him to duel. Some of you may be familiar with my lightsaber combat on youtube, some of you may not be.

Anyways I just got my first supply order in consisting of some of the trans red blades, and some LED's/switches/other miscellaneous items that I need for some sabers a gentleman with my church commissioned me to build... Anyways I'm really excited to have some new blades on hand for my double bladed lightsaber... there will be some sick videos coming with that!

I just wanted to give a formal introduction here, and express my excitement for having some stuff to play with.

Boj-Vaati Mau
04-18-2012, 11:12 PM
Semper Fi from an old Air Force dude married to a Marine brat. ; }

Lucien Kane
04-19-2012, 12:59 AM
Semper Fi from an old Air Force dude married to a Marine brat. ; }

Haha Semper Fi! My father in law was in the Air Force... My wife swore she'd never date a Marine... That's what she gets lol! Thanks for the kind welcome!

Obi-Dar Ke-Gnomie
04-20-2012, 09:18 PM
Welcome! Once you build one saber, it is impossible to stop. Welcome to your new obsession!

Lucien Kane
04-20-2012, 11:05 PM
Welcome! Once you build one saber, it is impossible to stop. Welcome to your new obsession!

I've done a few repairs now, getting the basic hang of soldering and such... Really simple start... Now I've fabricated the parts for my first scratch build, I'm using PVC. It is such a blast!!!! I can't wait to get into sound card installs, and all that jazz! Learning something new every day. I have a great teacher which helps.

Keil Edge
05-29-2012, 09:15 PM
Good to see you over here Lucien! Now I know to hide anything I don't want broken.

(I've been lurking here for a bit now.)