PDA

View Full Version : I'm a lucky s.o.b.

roughwater71
04-16-2012, 09:29 PM
i was up country today with my girlfriend and she's the kind of girl that has to stop at every garage sale and antique store. sho were driving around and she see's a yard sale out in the sticks, i mean you really have to bush wack to get there. anyway, to make a long story short for some reason i went in with her and guess what i found,GUESS. i bet you can't guess. ok, i'll tell you. 4 BRAND NEW, and i mean shiny new, 3 cell graflex complete original hilts still in the box. turns out the man was some kind of photographer back in the day and he collected old camera's. any way after nigotiating price for a while, i got them for a steel. i paid $27.00 for all 4. sometimes, not very often i get lucky. i'm gonna keep 2 for future projects and the other 2 i will be selling on ebay in the next couple of days. way to go chuck

Ty_Bomber
04-16-2012, 09:43 PM
Post 'em in the fx sabers forums. Faster.

brett
04-17-2012, 05:46 AM
Nice to know dreams like that can still happen. It must be one amazing feeling first seeing them, then getting them for such a price. Hope the builds turn out great for you.

psab keel
04-17-2012, 08:54 AM
Man oh man, what a find! I was able to check out a vintage graflex at a local camera shop about ten years ago, but it wasn't for sale. That is one hell of a find!

roughwater71
04-17-2012, 12:02 PM
for some strange reason i cannot post any threads on the fx forum. i registered a while ago and i have been trying to post ever since but they wont let me. very weird.

TuxedoCartman
04-17-2012, 12:28 PM
Anywhere on there? Or just in the "for sale" section? Because I know a lot of forums (that one included, I believe) require you to be a member for X period of time, or contribute X number of posts, before you can sell things on there. Cuts down on spam and what not.

Ronan
04-17-2012, 02:17 PM
Damnnnnn :)

stegasp
04-17-2012, 02:40 PM
I think there's a minimum of 3 months & 50 posts before you can sell something on fx-sabers. And nice find, Ronan. You must be some sort of crazy old wizard.

Jay-gon Jinn
04-17-2012, 09:25 PM
for some strange reason i cannot post any threads on the fx forum. i registered a while ago and i have been trying to post ever since but they wont let me. very weird.Registrations are admin approved, but you must use the activation email first. If you did that, then I might be able to see if the admins missed your signup...what was the screen name you were trying to use there?

I think there's a minimum of 3 months & 50 posts before you can sell something on fx-sabers. And nice find, Ronan. You must be some sort of crazy old wizard.There is, but you can still see the for sale section and post in it....the staff will simply pull your topic if you try to sell something before you meet the requirements, and send you a politely worded warning not to do so again until you meet them.