PDA

View Full Version : And so here I am.......

Darth Cypher
04-11-2012, 08:57 PM
......preparing my first build. I'm getting a PC-U V2, green Rebel Star LED & MHS Heatsink Module, 16mm Anti Vandal Latching Green Ring Switch for activation, Black momentary switch for aux, and 7.4v Li-ion 800mAh 14500 Battery Pack (stick style) and for my hilt......

Hilt style 3 with guarded style switch hole (which is being machined with Activation Box 13 holes as close as they can to the thread)
MHS ribbed extension v-grooved
Screw on LED blade holder style 3
MHS "new style" Heat Sink
MHS choke style 1 short
Pommel style 3
Activation box style 13
Box 13 Mounting holes service
Main hilt body

1 DrillTap Drill & Tap Hole (8-32)

4-40 Button Head
8-32 x 3/8" aluminum thumb screw

This is what I'm hoping to end up with:

So, how's it lookin' to you guys that know more aboot this than I do? I haven't had much experience with wiring and such but I'm a fast learner and have been lurking here for literally months reading up on what I can so I have a pretty good idea of what to do. Decided that I'm going the whole hog first trip out, and the hell with the consequences. How else does one learn? :-P

Lord Dottore Matto
04-12-2012, 01:58 AM
...well...that hilt is like 16" long, so it will easily hold everything :lol:

brett
04-12-2012, 02:46 AM
As far as the physical appearance, as mentioned by the honourable Lord Dottore Matto, it is long. Nothing wrong with that of course. When you actually see the MHS pieces it is quite interesting. When I first got mine they seemed smaller than I imagined, but once assembled it all looked fine. And the flexibility of the system makes it SO easy to subtract, or add, pieces if you change your mind. All in all it looks great,.. original! Good luck.

Darth Cypher
04-12-2012, 07:14 PM
That's good to know, as you know LDM I have a small problem with my hand so I'm hoping that the new medication I'm taking for it holds out for the time I need to do the small stuff. On that subject, is it easier for wiring up a PC-U with JST connectors from the board itself then plugging it all together? If I have to I'll just stop working on it if I find I can't move my hand after awhile, so I'm looking to make it as easy as possible on my ruined hand. Or I'll get my brother to do the smaller stuff, but I really want to do this myself if I am capable. I'm planning on making a plastic sleeve to fit the board into to keep it isolated from the hilt wall, so I have to work the dimensions of that in as well, but I have a few ideas how to make it work..... And as I have a long reach anyways I think it'll be a good length for me, but I can always leave out the choke for a future build if need be