PDA

View Full Version : First Build: Sink pipe elbow Tusken Raider saber

Jabbas_reluctant_slave
04-05-2012, 07:11 PM
This was my first custom light saber.
I did a lot of looking around for inspiration. I wanted to keep my design simple but still end up with something really cool.
Some of the sabers I found that I loved the most were LDM's A'Sharad Hett Sabers, and I've always liked the idea of a Tusken Raider Jedi.

I used the sink pipe elbow because it reminded me of the bend in the gaffi stick.
I used a Hasbro Ultimate FX board and a green p4.
One of the 2 watt bass speakers and a rumble motor out of an old ps2 controller (which ended up being a bit overkill).
I wrapped it in suede and it ended up getting tighter than I ever thought I would be able to get it.
I did the weathering with several layers of ink and clear coat.

I made a set of beads for it that I haven't gotten pictures of yet. I'll try to get a pic of it and a pic of the crystal chamber lit up.
Hope you like it; I'd love to hear what you think.

Ty_Bomber
04-05-2012, 07:26 PM
VERY creative. Really dig the detail on the shroud, and the wraps came out looking fantastic. A job very well done.

Jabbas_reluctant_slave
04-05-2012, 07:46 PM
Here are the extra pictures I said I would put up.

Thank you Ty_Bomber.

Rafalema
04-05-2012, 11:18 PM
That looks awesome! :cool:

Too bad they don't sell US sized sinktubes in Finland :p

JediMedic
04-07-2012, 11:15 AM
Well done!

Lucien Kane
04-07-2012, 11:45 PM
Wow I love this saber LEGEN... wait for it... Very creative... If only they had done a saber this creative for Sharad Hett's blade! I've been on a yellow blade kick here lately, but I think this saber would look amazing with a yellow blade lol

....DARY!!!!!

zeropiccolo
04-08-2012, 07:12 AM
I love the lit crystal chambers, and digging the staggered emitter shroud slotting.

Crystal Chambers
04-09-2012, 05:20 AM
That looks awesome! :cool:

Too bad they don't sell US sized sinktubes in Finland :p

They do...when you order them from TCSS. :) I find them less expensive, better quality, and a fit better then the inconsistent tubes I can get locally. Getting one with an elbow is a whole other story.

Nice job! The weathering looks great in your pics. Surprisingly good for the method you used. I never would have imagined it would come out like that. I also like the lack of symmetry in the overlay.

Jabbas_reluctant_slave
04-09-2012, 08:58 AM
I've been on a yellow blade kick here lately, but I think this saber would look amazing with a yellow blade lol

Yeah, It actually was going to be green or yellow and the deciding factor was the fact that I was unable to get a good yellow when dying the quartz crystal, so I just did green.

Darth Midian
04-09-2012, 07:22 PM
That totally screams Tusken Raider, good job man.

Lord Dottore Matto
04-09-2012, 08:32 PM
Well...I LOVE it! Rock on ;)

Jabbas_reluctant_slave
04-09-2012, 09:17 PM
LDM, you just made my day!!! Thank you!!!

Lord Dottore Matto
04-10-2012, 09:51 AM
You sure are welcome. I really love it when I see a unique take on design. Something that is outside of the "conventional box". This fits that description very well. Keep up the great work!

CBClemente11
11-29-2014, 07:15 AM
That looks super awesome. Great build!

TwinMill
11-29-2014, 08:56 PM
I'm liking the rough cutout for the exposed crystal. Truly looks like something which has seen more than it's fair share of desert weather abuse. Also, the crystal... the one photo of it lit up, I think it looks like an emerald. Very nice.