PDA

View Full Version : What parts do i need from A-Z to build a custom saber?

Darth Zannah
03-26-2012, 11:34 PM
Hi Everyone!

I would just like to know what parts do i need to build a CF 5.1O, Flash on Clash 1OW, Crystal chamber, Crystal Chassis, Heavy dueling Lightsaber with a strong battery. First i know i have to get a hollow hilt :-) . I am more interested all the other parts i have to get.
thanks

mrknify
03-26-2012, 11:47 PM
there are some good quick build guide already posted in here, have no fear use the search engine.

Xanatos1986
03-27-2012, 12:06 AM
I smell burnt toast....

Darth Zannah
03-27-2012, 12:33 AM
Well i dont have any fear using the search engine. I already did. :-) But if you would be so kind to be a little more specific about the "quick build guide" i should check out, that would be apriciated. Thanks

thejedilestat
03-27-2012, 03:21 AM
the best thing to do is to read read read... and read some more every thing you need to know is here you just have to dig it up. and custom is a BIG word to use so we need to know what you mean custom MHS,custom MRFX/Hasbro FX,custom. if you want a custom MHS you need to contact Tim and see what he can do with parts that you think will looks great and make your saber stand out. i have had some custom MHS work done and it really is top notch work so you will be pleased with the end result =)

mrknify
03-27-2012, 11:30 PM
its funny, i've come up with a ton of questions,a nd i just put them in the search box, and it finds answers, like resistors, transistors, how to wire a fx sound board, all kinds of juicy stuff.

also if you live in canada radio shack will only have half of what you need, but you'll have to buy 100 of what you don't need...

(silly 1/4w resistors... but no 5w... shame on you radio shack, selling out to be a phone/ case store.

TuxedoCartman
03-27-2012, 11:51 PM
Ah, but mrknify, it's that ability to figure things out and find knowledge on your own that contributes to you having such a low post count. Me? I post snarky replies to relatively mundane threads, and I'm almost up to a count of forty! More post count = more better saber building, right? :D

Lord Dottore Matto
03-30-2012, 11:44 PM
There is a link to the tutorial of which they speak in my sig...It will not, however tell you everything you need for sound but it will give you a pretty good start. My best advice to you is NOT to start with a CF saber.