PDA

View Full Version : Blade holder, choke, heatsink help?

Sith Lord
03-26-2012, 07:53 PM
Hey guys! I'll start off saying I am a new newb so please forgive my simple question. I just wanted to make sure I fit this stuff right.
So I went ahead and got the "Rebel Star LED & MHS Heatsink Module", "MHS choke style 2", and the "Screw on LED blade holder style 10 "new style"".
My question is, does the "Rebel Star LED & MHS Heatsink Module" go into the bottom of the blade holder? I wanted to make sure because when I put it there the blade holder doesn't completely srew down onto the choke. Once again I'm sorry for my simplistic question. But any help is much appreciated!

Strydur
03-26-2012, 08:16 PM
What do you mean by not completely? Is there a very small gap or a large one?

Sith Lord
03-26-2012, 08:49 PM
It's a small gap. But that is where it goes?

Sith Lord
03-26-2012, 08:58 PM
But I was also planning on putting an o ring where the blade holder screws into the choke so it's not just one straight color. So I don't mind the gap since an o ring will be there anyway. i just wanted to make sure that's where it went.

jodan-pac
03-26-2012, 09:04 PM
I had this happen to me. turned out my lens wasn't properly seated in the lens holder. That may be your problem as well

Sith Lord
03-26-2012, 09:14 PM
That's not it. I've readjusted it and there is still a gap. But like I said, I am going to put an o-ring there. That won't cause issues will it?

Strydur
03-27-2012, 09:37 AM
Any gap between the blade holder and choke should be hardly noticeable. It is hard to say if something is wrong without seeing a pic.