PDA

View Full Version : wiring the LEDengin 10w sold in store?

roughwater71
03-25-2012, 12:52 AM
can i wire the LEDengin 10w led directly to the petit cruton soundboard, without the pex, when using the 2 3.7v protected rechargeable batteries in the battery holder?

TuxedoCartman
03-25-2012, 03:08 AM
I think (big time emphasis on that word, "think") only IF you're powering one die on the LEDengin. But if that's the case, then the question becomes "Why are you using an LEDengin instead of a Rebel Star or Seoul P4?" The only reason to use an LEDengin over the others is if you're going to use the Flash on Clash feature (where a second LED flashes briefly during clash and blaster blocking), or if you're using multiple die's simultaneously to get a brighter blade... and both of those features require the PEX.

You're also better off using a Li-Ion Battery Pack (like this one (http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/74v-Li-ion-800mAh-14500-Battery-Pack-P698.aspx)) and a recharge port, than using rechargeable batteries and a battery holder. Several people have informed me that the Petit Crouton works better that way, plus the battery pack is smaller than a batter holder (and believe me, space WILL become an issue when you start assembly), and you get the benefit of using a kill key in the recharge port. Otherwise, you'll either have to figure out how to wire in a main power button, or mess with putting in and taking out batteries everytime you want to use your saber.

Weaver
03-25-2012, 04:11 AM
There is a tutorial on this subject which explains just about everything. From what I understand of it, it's possible to use multiple dice from the PC, due to several factors of how the power is distributed. You should do some digging in the tutorial area (I don't have the link handy).

TuxedoCartman
03-25-2012, 05:11 AM
There is a tutorial on this subject which explains just about everything. From what I understand of it, it's possible to use multiple dice from the PC, due to several factors of how the power is distributed. You should do some digging in the tutorial area (I don't have the link handy).

<smacks forehead> You're right. I'm an idiot.

Here's the link BlessedWrath mentioned. (http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?13703-LEDengin-5w-and-10W-info-and-wiring-guide....for-noobs&highlight=Full+Powah) You won't be able to power all four die, though, from the soundboard. Depending on the color combinations you want, you may not even be able to power two of them together. The voltage requirements for a Blue and Green combined will be very close to 7.4v.