PDA

View Full Version : Pommel #3 battery solution

Darth Nater
03-24-2012, 08:39 PM
Anyone know if a 14500 trustfire pack would fit inside pommel #3? I know that a 2 AA holder will not. Will be working with limited space and kind of thinking this out at the moment. If I can utilize the pommel space in some way it will simplify things.

Jay-gon Jinn
03-26-2012, 08:50 AM
Anyone know if a 14500 trustfire pack would fit inside pommel #3? I know that a 2 AA holder will not. Will be working with limited space and kind of thinking this out at the moment. If I can utilize the pommel space in some way it will simplify things.Assuming it has the same inside diameter of the MPS pommels, I'd say a pack of custom 14500's will fit if you use the correct heatshrink (pvc type) to cover the batteries. A pack like the one Tim sells in the store would be the best bet: http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/74v-Li-ion-800mAh-14500-Battery-Pack-P698.aspx

Darth Nater
03-26-2012, 06:43 PM
Thanks, with those being sold out currently, I was at the point where I was going to go ahead and build one while buying the smart charger elsewhere, but the PC also sold out over the weekend as well (haste makes waste), so I think I'll just wait for things to get back in stock and read up and solidify my wiring design in the meantime. I was torn on using one of the DX RGB's that I have laying around or to dive into an LEDENGIN so if nothing else, it will keep me from making the mistake of rushing into it and having to do it twice. (Kind of like buying rechargable trustfires & charger, then realizing it to be a better idea to use a rechargable pack)

Strydur
03-26-2012, 08:18 PM
PC, battery packs, and the li-ion chargers should be back in stock in the next week or so.

Darth Nater
03-27-2012, 05:55 PM
Thanks Tim, I guess I'll probably be a bit poorer once again in the next week or so.

Man, 7.4V packs sure didn't last long.