PDA

View Full Version : First saber, parts checklist

Yoshi-Taka
03-19-2012, 09:40 AM
Finally gonna build my first lightsaber but I want to be sure everything is in order first. This is gonna be a stunt (I'll come back later when I get better and add sound to it) for the time being.

Hilt Parts
-Blade Holder 13
-Main Body Style 1, Guarded-style
-4" Double Female grooved, without holes
-Double-ended male adapter
-Pommel 4
-Pommel Insert 12

Electronic Parts
-Rebel Star LED & MHS Heatsink module (Rebel Star Amber LED)
-Modular Wiring System - Buckpuck 700mA 6-wire, Guarded switch with silver button, battery pack won't be used because....
-7.4v Li-ion 800mAh 14500 battery pack

Misc. Parts
-1" Battle Blade, 34" length
-MPS clip
-Drill & Tap service, for blade holder
-1-3/16" ID Yellow O-Ring, for the blade holder (those will fit on there, right?)
-8-32 x .3" Gold Thumb screw (for blade holder)
-3.7v-14.8v Li-Ion Smart charger (that's the one I need, right?)
-Tamiya to JST adapter (for the above)

I believe that's everything. Did I miss anything? The only thing I'm not sure about is the buckpuck and the smart charger, which are both pretty darn important. Other than that, I'm gonna do a pvc chassis when I get the parts in so I can measure everything and make it all nice and stuff. My instinct says that the O-Rings will fit in the little gaps in the blade holder, but I wanted to check before I bought them.

Thanks for looking!

Silver Serpent
03-19-2012, 10:09 AM
I don't see anything missing. The O-rings should fit on the blade holder, though it's a tight fit getting them on.

I'm assuming you'll be removing the pack to recharge it? I didn't see a recharge port if you wanted to do in-hilt recharge. Either way is fine.

Yoshi-Taka
03-19-2012, 10:12 AM
As long as they go on and stay on, I'm cool with however much work it'll take to put them on.

Yeah, I won't have a choice with the pack but to remove it in order to recharge it (I'm trying to keep the construction process as basic as possible for now).