PDA

View Full Version : Please check out my First Saber build part list

Fastmedic
03-15-2012, 04:44 PM
Hey all,

Here is the part-list for my first saber build. I read all the tutorials and I think I have everything. I want a purple blade, so I went with a white P4 and color disks. What do you think?

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/ViewWishlist.aspx?WishlistId=23599

Hilt style 2 with guarded style switch hole
Screw on LED blade holder style 12 "new style"
Main Body Powder Coating (SH23)
Seoul P4 LED & MHS Heatsink Module

White

MWS (Modular Wiring System

4AAA battery holder
BuckPuck 1000mA 6-wire
Switch14-Guarded switch with blue button

12 Colored Discs
8-32 x .3" black thumb screw
Drill & Tap Hole (8-32)
MHS choke style 3
MPS Pommel style 4
LED "Corbin style" Battle blade 1" OD (34 inches)
--Double Wrapped
--Standard

Thanks!

amwolf
03-15-2012, 05:30 PM
Some sort of a pommel insert, and a clip to hold it in.
If you want the switch hole to line up with the high point on that blade holder, email Tim and ask about having a custom 7" DF extension made to match that style 2 but to align the switch hole (BH/choke/7" ?). There is a high probability otherwise they won't match, if you care about that sort of thing.
Don't forget to tell him where you want the hole drilled - aligned w/ high point, opposite side, wherever the spirit moves him, etc.

Happy building!

hebert466
03-16-2012, 05:58 AM
you will loose alot of light with the color disks (I know...my first one has that). For me to get the shade of purple I wanted I had to go with 2 disks...very dim it was.:oops:

Zzan
03-16-2012, 07:19 AM
I would say drop the seoul P4 and color disks and get a Ledengin RGBW or RGBA. It will probably be within a dollar or 2 of what you have already specced out, and doesn't add any significant difficulty to the build.
Use the blue and red die to make your purple (resistor the red down to get the shade you want.)

I too went the color disk route for my first saber, and for darker colors it leaves alot to be desired in terms of brightness. The lighter colors like Yellow look fantastic, but the blues, and purples are weak in my opinion.

Fastmedic
03-16-2012, 01:36 PM
I would say drop the seoul P4 and color disks and get a Ledengin RGBW or RGBA. It will probably be within a dollar or 2 of what you have already specced out, and doesn't add any significant difficulty to the build.
Use the blue and red die to make your purple (resistor the red down to get the shade you want.)

I too went the color disk route for my first saber, and for darker colors it leaves alot to be desired in terms of brightness. The lighter colors like Yellow look fantastic, but the blues, and purples are weak in my opinion.

Thanks for the feedback all!

Sounds like I should go this route for brightness. Can I power both LEDs off one Buckpack?

Updated Electronics would then look like this i believe:
Remove:
MWS (Modular Wiring System)
Seoul P4 LED Kit
Add:
LED Engin LZ4 10W
BuckPuck 1000mA 4-wire
4AAA battery holder
MHS "new style" Heat Sink
SPST Latching Guarded switch with blue button