PDA

View Full Version : NEW Wiring Schematic Check Please!!

Arryck Corso
03-05-2012, 01:16 PM
Hey everyone!

I recently updated my wiring schematic and would like to get it checked out.

This wiring diagram is actually for another saber I came up with. I decided it might be a good idea to start a little more simply with my first build. I will eventually be returning to my original concept, but for now I feel it'd be more helpful to get my feet wet with something a little less formidable. (Just want to get a little hands on experience first:) )

So anyways this is what I've come up with. It's pretty straight-forward. I'm using the gold plated AV momentary switch and 4 accent LED's. 2 LED's are wired in parallel off pad one - green and blue, 1 yellow LED will be wired off pad two, and 1 green LED will be wired as a power-on indicator and will remain constantly lit.

The green and blue wired in parallel (if I'm understanding the PC manual correctly) will be sequenced together while the yellow will have its own sequence. (I've been reading page 21 of the manual) And by playing around with when they're on (1) or off (0) and the duration of the flash, I think I can get a pretty random looking pattern.

Any thoughts or opinions are gladly welcomed! Thanks!

Silver Serpent
03-05-2012, 01:24 PM
Diagram looks solid. I can't verify your resistor values, but everything else looks to be in order.

Arryck Corso
03-05-2012, 01:35 PM
Thanks alot Silver. I really feel like I've got a strong understanding of the PC-L and all its capable of.

The Vf for Green is 2.2v, Yellow is 2.1v, and Blue is 2.8v, so yes my resistors in the diagram aren't correct but I'll fix that.

Now I just have to wait to hear back from Strydur to find out if a custom part I asked about is possible.