PDA

View Full Version : The Rules of Powder Coating- Please Help!

TheGuardian
02-25-2012, 01:44 AM
I am very interested in powder coating some items that I want to purchase, but I am not sure of the rules that come along with it, so I have a few questions. My first question is simply, Can I get anything that I want powder coated? For instance can I get a blade holder that I want coated black or does it have to be a specific blade holder? My next question is, can you send in items to get powder coated? Thank you so much for your time...

I would love for the black to match this black

Loachri MacTalabh
02-25-2012, 02:24 AM
In the store under services, find what you seek, you will.

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/Services-C50.aspx

As for sending things in, I'm not sure. Email and ask Tim.

Arryck Corso
02-25-2012, 08:35 AM
Can I get anything that I want powder coated?

As long as what you want powdercoated can withstand 400 degrees Fahrenheit then yes it can be powdercoated. If you follow the link that Loachri gave you, you'll see all the different options Tim offers.

As far as getting something powdercoated specifically the way you want, for instance, having certain areas of a blade holder powdercoated and certain areas that are machined aluminum, I haven't done that yet myself but I'm pretty sure others have. You'd need to email Tim and ask if it's possible to do and it helps to have a reference of what your going for.

btw...I'm not entirely sure so don't quote me on this, it looks to me like the black you have in your pic is probably Black Chrome powdercoat. I've used this before (on aluminum motorcycle parts) and it looks sweet. Especially when paired up with candy apple red. Hope that helps.

Ty_Bomber
02-25-2012, 11:35 AM
It should be noted that Tim will not, powder coat objects you send to him. We all wish he did, but I'm sure he has good reason.

Strydur
02-25-2012, 11:39 AM
Did I say that? It is more of a case by case basis.. E-mail pics of what you need done.

TheGuardian
02-25-2012, 12:37 PM
the item is an aluminum that has been black anodized... I am not sure if that helps in determing which color I should get but I thought I would put it out there...thank you all so much for your help

TheGuardian
02-25-2012, 01:26 PM
Tim

Between the Black Chrome and the Flat Black do you think will match the black hilt better? 6468

this is another picture of the hilt

Ty_Bomber
02-25-2012, 01:32 PM
Did I say that? It is more of a case by case basis.. E-mail pics of what you need done.

Oh really? I had heard otherwise on these forums. Not from you directly, mind you. That's good to hear. I'll keep that in mind for my next project.

Garrek
02-25-2012, 01:40 PM
The 2nd picture looks like a flat black to me.

Why not just check the PC color guide and chose for yourself.
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/powdercoat/PCcolors.asp

Strydur
02-25-2012, 01:41 PM
Hard to tell from that pic.. If its glossy then wet black.. if its more flat then flat black.

TheGuardian
02-25-2012, 02:11 PM

hope this picture can help you little more

Loachri MacTalabh
02-25-2012, 02:33 PM
If you follow the link that Loachri gave you, you'll see all the different options Tim offers.

Not being picky but I accidently misspelled my username. It should be; Laochri MacTalbbh. If you want to know what it means follow this link. I am the 120th post on pg 12.
http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?658-Where-d-You-Get-that-Handle

The 2nd picture looks like a flat black to me.

Why not just check the PC color guide and chose for yourself.
http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/powdercoat/PCcolors.asp

I tried looking for that link, but couldn't find it. Good on you.:)

Arryck Corso
02-25-2012, 02:53 PM
Sorry Laochri. Didn't mean to misspell your name amigo. I've always wondered why they Aurebesh version of your name in your signature was spelled differently than your user name. Now I know!!

Loachri MacTalabh
02-25-2012, 02:55 PM
;) No Worries.