PDA

View Full Version : PC problem please help

dustunite
02-23-2012, 07:00 PM
received my PC today and wired it all up but theres a couple problems. first off once the batteries are connected it comes on, you can switch it off but it comes back on. i removed the switch and this still happens w/o a switch connected. second after about 4-5 seconds it begins to make a crackling sound, I wound think this is a speaker issue but like i said it takes a few seconds. third after about 30 second the it beeps and shuts off. I have checked all my soldering and i dont see any problems.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6alaS-GSbQ&feature=g-upl&context=G2a4c6c0AUAAAAAAAAAA

Strydur
02-23-2012, 09:33 PM
Have you tried moving the speaker so it is not face down?

That is not sitting on a metal table/desk is it?

Have you tried changing the switch settings? It sounds like you have it set for the wrong type ie latching/momentary.

dustunite
02-23-2012, 09:41 PM
yes im an idiot, the mom switch to latching was one prob and removing the led helped with the sound. i'll do some more configuring and hopefully get it it worked out. thanks for the quick responses ill keep everyone posted on the turning off issue.

dustunite
02-24-2012, 08:49 PM
well i changed the main led config from 40 to 35 and everything seems to be working properly, it even got rid of the crackling sound. i changed it back to 40 and it still seems to work, i dont understand what was wrong but if it works it works.

FenderBender
02-24-2012, 09:53 PM
What are you using for batteries? I hope you're not using alkalines. If you are, thats your problem with the LED/speaker/crackling most likely.

dustunite
02-25-2012, 07:00 AM
ive tried both, the video is using a 7.4 lith pack

Jay-gon Jinn
02-25-2012, 07:05 PM
Have you tried it with a different speaker to definitely rule it out? That almost sounds like the speaker can't handle the power output of the PC. what's the rating on it?

dustunite
02-25-2012, 07:19 PM
the speakers good the one shown is good i checked it with a another board its a premium speaker from THE SHOP. the problem does seam to be fixed since i changed the main LED config.

Jay-gon Jinn
02-25-2012, 11:10 PM
the speakers good the one shown is good i checked it with a another board its a premium speaker from THE SHOP.Trying to help you out...no need TO SHOUT. ;) Glad you seem to have corrected the issue.

dustunite
02-25-2012, 11:48 PM
Thanks, I hope its all worked out because i'm about to install everything . I'll keep you posted.