PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Diagram check please!!

Arryck Corso
02-08-2012, 03:45 PM
Hey everyone. Just hoping I could get some of you veterans out there to check over this wiring diagram I came up with and double check it for me. Wanna make sure everything is good to go.

Hopefully it's straight-forward and understandable. I'm not exactly an electrical engineer. I feel about 99.9% confident that I've got it.

Thanks in advance!!!

Silver Serpent
02-08-2012, 05:49 PM
Wiring looks good, but you'll only need a 1 ohm 1/8 watt resistor on switch LED. The pad you have it hooked to is a 3.3v regulated pad.

Arryck Corso
02-08-2012, 08:42 PM
Thanks Silver. That was the one thing I wasn't entirely sure about. I had used the resistance calculator posted on here http:led.linear1.org/1led.wiz and that's how I had come up with the 220 ohm 1/4w resistor. My brother is a little more electronically astute then I am and he thought that sounded about right too.

Least I know I am on the right track!

Now to get my Chief Financial Officer (the wife) to release the appropriate funds necessary to begin production....LOL!!!

Silver Serpent
02-09-2012, 09:18 AM
The 220 ohm would be correct if you were hooking the LED directly to the battery. You're hooking it to the 3.3v pad, so the calculation changes.

That's the same resistor calculator I share with everyone. It hasn't led me wrong yet.

Arryck Corso
02-09-2012, 11:40 AM
After I read your first post about the 1ohm 1/8w resistor I went back to the PC manual to see if I could figure out where I messed up. Sure enough there it was on page 10. I must've overlooked the formula there for accent led's. So after I plugged in the new numbers and seen that, I understand why you suggested such a small resistor. Just enough to turn down the 20mA driving the switch to a range suggested by the manual. Thanks for help with this Silver.