PDA

View Full Version : Final Electronics check...

StamRevan
02-05-2012, 04:23 AM
Hey all :) Sorry for double posting, I had this topic placed under another thread( New to the scene. Electronic parts for my saber assist )
but got no reply on final check post...

So final electronics check, before placing my order! Feedback would be very useful in case i missed anything e.g wiring and electronics parts in between ...

Parts:

1)2AA Battery holder

2)PCB for 3.7V Li-ion Battery

3)2X Li-Ion 14500 Rechargeable AA size 3.7V 800mAh

4)16mm Anti Vandal Short Momentary Green Ring Switch (will it work as latching with PC soundboard?)

5)Black momentary switch (for aux or recharge port...)

6)Petit Crouton Sound Module v1.6

7)Rebel Star LED & MHS Heatsink Module (with 2 Wire quick connector for quick connect with soundboard?)

8)Kill plug style 1 (in recharge port, right?

9)PLI (Power Level Indicator) (where and how do I wire it?)

PS: Is wiring included for connecting parts? e.g switch with soundboard etc... ?

Thnx in advance! Cheers

Machinimax
02-05-2012, 12:18 PM
Ok, if you are going to use two li-ions and a PCB, then do not get the battery holder. When making a PC saber with a recharge port and PCB, you are going to have to make your own battery pack. It's not that difficult. Here's a tutorial on how to make them.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?12829-Li-Ion-Battery-Packs&highlight=battery+packs

Make sure to read this carefully.

StamRevan
02-05-2012, 07:34 PM
Thnx for the reply man :)

Is a PCB necessary with the 2X Li-Ion 14500 Rechargeable AA size 3.7V 800mAh???

other than that the rest ok?

IndustrialAction
02-05-2012, 10:22 PM
Thnx for the reply man :)

Is a PCB necessary with the 2X Li-Ion 14500 Rechargeable AA size 3.7V 800mAh???

other than that the rest ok?

If you're making a 7.4v pack, yes, you need a PCB.

StamRevan
02-06-2012, 06:52 AM
But i can use them separately though with my 2AA battery holder and wont need to wire pcb... Or I am i gonna blow myself up :P ???

IndustrialAction
02-06-2012, 07:39 AM
If you are using protected cells, you do not need to use a PCB, however, it is better to build a pack with a PCB using unprotected batteries and forgoing the holder (or by first removing the protection circuit on the cells and then wiring them with the PCB [some people choose this method so they can use the tabs on the cells for easier soldering, this is not the preferred method for the uninitiated though]).

StamRevan
02-06-2012, 08:09 AM
Right, I'll do some more page turning and choose the suitable for my saber... Thnx for the help man :) Cheers!

Zzan
02-06-2012, 08:28 AM
4) There is a config setting in the config file that allows you to use a momentary switch to ignite/turn off the saber. It will always be a momentary switch, the soundboard just treats it like a latching switch if you set the config that way -- instructions for this are in the PC manual.

5) a momentary Aux switch is not a recharge port. Or do you mean one or the other? With a PC I recommend that you get the Aux switch especially if you are using a momentary switch for the main switch, also you don't get full functionality of the board without it (no lockup, no blaster block/force power) I recommend both if you are using a rechargable pack.

8) I don't see a recharge port in your list even though you have a kill plug. What are you going to plug the kill switch into?

PS: No, you need to provide or purchase your own wiring seperately, Tim sells wire in assorted colors in the store so if you need you can purchase from there.

StamRevan
02-11-2012, 04:02 AM
Hey Zzan

Thnx for clearing up the issue with the swithces:)
As for the AUX and recharge port I mean one or the other... But i still remain sceptic about those switches... Could you give me a general idea as to how many switches do i fit into my hilt and what the do? plus where the recharge port goes so that i can plug it...

e.g SoundBoard - aux switch( special sounds ) - ignition switch - recharge port ???

PS: I may have an idea but better to be sure than sorry :P

Machinimax
02-11-2012, 10:43 AM
You are using the Petit Crouton so you will have to fit TWO switches into your hilt. The first will be for turning the blade on/off and the second will be used to trigger the blaster block and blade lockup effects. The second switch is the AUX switch. The port you want is the 2.1mm recharge port sold here in the shop.

You asked where the recharge port goes, quite honestly it can go just about wherever you want on your hilt. However if I remember correctly in one of your earlier posts, you want to use activation box style 2 right? If that's the case, the box will be able to hold both switches and the recharge port.