PDA

View Full Version : New Activation Boxes.

Weaver
02-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Loving the new boxes; specifically Style 14. I was looking for something compact and neat to store all my ports and whatnot, even if I can't use them all right away. If I don't do my Luke ROTJ clone, it'll be Box 14 I'll get for my own design.

Thanks for keeping the flow going!

RattleHornet
02-03-2012, 02:19 AM
I like the style 13. But I don't need RICE port mount.

Don Se Wion
02-03-2012, 02:29 AM
In that case I think you can use the spot to fit an accent LED, they should have the same thread as the RICE port #1.

Weaver
02-03-2012, 07:54 AM
Need is subjective. I like the idea of having the port, whether I'm using it for anything or not. It just makes the saber hilt look more "techy" in my opinion. One of the complaints I've always had about custom sabers I'd seen is that they never seemed to have enough gadgets and gizmos on them. Luke's ANH and ROTJ were "busy", and I thought that added authenticity. Vader's saber looked like it could have done a lot more than just cut a man.

Of course, I've always been a fan of "dirty tech". I call it "clean" tech when all you ever see is the sleek, stylish exterior, and everything always works the way it should (unless plot dictates otherwise). Star Trek was always a good one for that, especially TNG. My favorite has always been Shadowrun (or anything in the Cyberpunk genre, really); people walking around with half-finished dermal plating, or botched implants with wires hanging out...that sort of thing. Luke's ROTJ saber looked a bit clunky, like he had to settle for a cobblejob, but it still looked mean enough to get the job done.

So, yeah...gizmos. Pile 'em on. I like a saber that looks like it could be a miniature droid, just biding its time. Imagine: You cut on your lightsaber, ready for a duel, and it speaks to you: "What are you doing, Dave?"