PDA

View Full Version : Idea for "decieved saber"

beans22
02-01-2012, 12:09 AM
I am new to building a saber but not new to them in general (a lot of tricky MR conversions) but I had an Idea that may call on skills of cram fu that not even chuck norris has. I have an idea for an mhs saber similar to the one in the deceived trailer. The real question here of course is can I fit a 4AAA battery back in 1.25inch. Here is a depiction of what I am trying to get at here. I am new to MHS so please tell me if the whole notion is flawed.
http://i.imgur.com/RMYdP.png

mihunai
02-01-2012, 12:49 AM
One thing you could do is look up the MHS dimensions right here: http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?2031-Learn-about-the-Modular-Hilt-System-aka-MHS
This should help you plan future MHS builds as well.

mTm

Don Se Wion
02-01-2012, 02:55 AM
I think 4AAA would never fit here, but there might be a solution.
I would try to evaluate the possibility to install:

- a lithium battery in the back choke, perhaps with the recharge port in the pommel or in the double female extension if it's a 3"
- a switch in the central double female extension (an AV for instance)
- an economy Hasbro 2010 Obi-One sound board in the front choke (this board is pretty narrow).

All dimensions must be verified, but there might be a chance it's doable.

beans22
02-02-2012, 10:00 PM
I think I may just use a big extension to fit a 4AAA after all it is my first "real" build thanks for the help though

Machinimax
02-02-2012, 10:53 PM
I think I may just use a big extension to fit a 4AAA after all it is my first "real" build thanks for the help though

I would highly recommend Don Se Wion's idea of making the Li-Ion battery pack. You'll be able to stick with your original design. Making battery packs is not difficult and there is a tutorial on this forum the explains how you can make them.

Kai Sabol: Jedi Knight
02-02-2012, 11:44 PM
I agree with the idea of using a li-ion battery in the back choke, but if you have some $$$ to burn, try buying an obsidian board from Ultrasabers. Not the BEST quality, but the sound fonts are pretty darn epic.

beans22
02-03-2012, 02:41 AM
I think I will go with your judgement but I am deciding to doubt this design from an ergonomic stand point. Do you think this saber would be comfortable especially for someone with very large hands