PDA

View Full Version : MHS Threads

Jenny
01-31-2012, 05:42 PM
I'd like to make hilts with non-metallic components, but still use TCSS emitters / pommels and so on. What are the specifications for the threads between pieces which make them "MHS compatible"?

Ronan
01-31-2012, 05:54 PM
Email Tim and see if he will tell you.

Crystal Chambers
02-01-2012, 09:18 AM
That question has been asked before...to no reply.

You can use MHS sinktube adapters or cut up body sections to mount your emitters and pommels to sinktube/PVC/sculpting compounds etc. Just to name a few options. There's also the 1.25" blade holders you can mount in anything you can fit them in as well as the sinktube blade holder.

Jenny
02-01-2012, 02:08 PM

That's a shame. Ah, well, calipers here I come.

Ronan
02-01-2012, 05:55 PM

You can use MHS sinktube adapters or cut up body sections to mount your emitters and pommels to sinktube/PVC/sculpting compounds etc. Just to name a few options. There's also the 1.25" blade holders you can mount in anything you can fit them in as well as the sinktube blade holder.

Actually they are told to ask Tim. After that i do not know if Tim tells them or not.

I'v had parts made to work with MHS threaded parts.

IndustrialAction
02-02-2012, 07:42 AM
I doubt you'll ever see the thread specs for MHS parts posted on TCSS. That is the basis for the system. That's like going to Apple and asking for the code to their OS. If you need to have a part made, talk to Tim.

Jenny
02-02-2012, 01:17 PM
Actually, I did as Ronan (twice) suggested, and emailed Tim. As long as you're not planning to use it for commercial purposes, he'll tell you... as he did me.

IndustrialAction
02-02-2012, 02:19 PM
I'm not saying it is a secret. Just don't expect to see it published on this site.