PDA

View Full Version : MR Force FX vader soundboard

Dimsim
01-25-2012, 03:17 PM
My MR Force FX vader sound has finally arrived!!
Trying to figure out front and back now and realising this is going to be a sweat for me to install.
Never did anything like this before.
Hopefully (and surely) there'll be enough information on the forum.

Can't wait for my MHS parts to arrive <3

here's a pic of the soundboard

(White is where the P4 goes I take?)

Ronan
01-25-2012, 08:39 PM
Start by gutting it. Then the forum will show you where the wires go and which one's to combine.

Vlad Doon
01-26-2012, 06:44 AM
As Ronan says, cut (carefully) through the black plastic not too deep if you don't want to cut your board, then you'll see it crystal clear. There are great tuts showing diagrams or photos with the same colored wires and "who goes where". Enjoy

Dimsim
01-26-2012, 11:04 AM
Gutted it today, soldering some 'extensions' to the wires coming out of the white cap, they were cut off quite short.
I saw a diagram and an explanation on the installation of the MR vader but it's not quite the same as mine.
My colours are: Red, Brown, Orange, Green, Blue, Yellow, Purple.
the person explaining it (and showing pictures on how to assemble) said Purple to LED Positive and Blue to LED Positive and Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Brown and Red to LED negative.
2 blue wires? I only see one blue wire with 7 wires in total to assemble the LED to.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/593/img2328s.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/221/img2329ce.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/696/img2330qu.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/17/img2331yz.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/17/img2332sm.jpg/

(For some reason I kept getting 'Invalid URL' when trying to upload a picture via 'Image' so I used the URL-links, sorry 'bout that)

Vlad Doon
01-31-2012, 04:17 AM
Well, go to the tut here (second photo) http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com/showthread.php?8593-MR-Hasbro-FX-Wiring-Diagrams

Assuming your "grey or blue" wire that would go to the sensor and to the positive led is soldered under the hot glue, your wires from the pack must go as this :
purple to the + led
blue, green yellow brown red and orange to the - led.

Dimsim
01-31-2012, 07:28 AM
But then my clash sensor won't work because I have no blue wire coming from it. :-|
Grey goes to the sensor and from the sensor it switches to blue.
If it's hidden under the hot glue... I hope not, I don't feel much for removing the hot glue and weakening the wires' base.
Reglueing is not an option as I don't have a hot glue pistol.
I'm going to try with some normal leds and without clash sensor wednesday to see if that works.

I received mail from tim yesterday, My order has shipped.
Hurray! Waiting impatience has increased with a whole lot of levels!

Also many thanks to the helpful people here answering silly questions about something asked uncountable times before.
I saw the schematics but always got stuck on my missing blue wire so I am a bit unsure about what to do with that clash.

Vlad Doon
02-01-2012, 07:52 AM
IMO your sensor is already wired, so don't worry about it, and DON'T remove the hot glue.
If I'm not mistaken, there is no need for grey or blue wire going to the sensor, so the purple would go to the positive and the remaining wires to the negative;
You can tie these wires together and checking if it works with a led.

Dimsim
02-23-2012, 01:38 AM
Yesterday I have received my lightsaber parts and tried the electronics immediately. Rt
The led attached to a resistor works. The led attached to my MR fx vader soundboard doesn't.
The soundboard gets hot so the connection to the battery is working but the led doesn't go on.
Perhaps there is indeed an error with the wires comingfrom the clash sensor as mentioned before?
Also on the soundboard I see a red and a black wire for the battery pack and one brown for the speaker. My speaker has a green and a blue one and I see no writing diagram for it. Do I just connect the green and blue to the brown?

Edit: okay, the sound works if I disconnect the entire bundle of wires going from the soundboard to the led + clash sensor led.
Must be a bad wire in the bundle

Edit2: wire detected, whenever the brown wire touches any other wire the clash sensor goes crazy until it shuts itself down. When powering up again its still going crazy, only resettable by taking out the batteries and after putting them back in it sometimes even keeps going. If the brown wire doesn't touch anything the sound its normal but led still won't work.
A wire for the switch has now come loose from the board, woe be upon me.

Edit 3:
Desoldered everything from the soundboard and resoldered it. Shortened some wires, because as Vlad Doon said, I had serious space issues.
Now everything is in order and fitting very tight but nicely. I attached one layer of electricians tape at the base of the blade and turn– squeezed it in. It's very tight and won't come loose easily. The sound is nice, but as it's a vader board, not a lot of difference. Might try a yoda next time.
Very happy now it's finished and already thinking on another build.

Many thanks to Vlad Doon for the soundboard help and Tim for having an awesome shop which provides us of awesome items

Glavzilla
03-30-2012, 07:01 AM
Hi,

It's my first time posting here and since I'm having a problem with the same soundboard, I didn't want to start a new thread.

The thing is that I wired my soundboard using the diagram from the post that Vlad Doon linked and every thing was working perfectly with my setup outside of the hilt. When I was done putting all the parts inside, it worked temporarily and afterwards, no more sound.

So I took everything out of the hilt, checked back every wires and everything seemed to be in order. But now the only thing that works is the LED and I've tested the speaker separately and it works fine too.

Does anyone know what could have gone wrong?

Have I permanently killed the sound of the board?

Jay-gon Jinn
04-02-2012, 08:44 PM
Hi,

It's my first time posting here and since I'm having a problem with the same soundboard, I didn't want to start a new thread.

The thing is that I wired my soundboard using the diagram from the post that Vlad Doon linked and every thing was working perfectly with my setup outside of the hilt. When I was done putting all the parts inside, it worked temporarily and afterwards, no more sound.

So I took everything out of the hilt, checked back every wires and everything seemed to be in order. But now the only thing that works is the LED and I've tested the speaker separately and it works fine too.

Does anyone know what could have gone wrong?

Have I permanently killed the sound of the board?Your worst case for the problem would be a blown transistor on the board....best case is a broken wire on the board, or a bad connection.