PDA

View Full Version : Blade thickness question

Takanuva588
01-21-2012, 11:36 PM
ok so im building my first saber and im about to order my parts from TCSS and what i want to know before i order them is the thickness of the blade. by that i mean if i buy a 3/4" blade, will it fit in my blade holder... or if i were to buy a 1" blade would it not fit or vice versa? but like i said im new to this and i just want to clearify. plz help

Ronan
01-22-2012, 12:18 AM
1" is what you want. 3/4" will only work with an adapter.

thejedilestat
01-22-2012, 05:39 AM
buy both and see what you like better, i think a 3/4 blade looks nice and pretty... but you will need an adaptor for it to fit in any MHS blade holder as ronan said^^^^

Onli-Won Kanomi
02-10-2012, 10:15 PM
Since 3/4" blades have a smaller inside diameter it can be harder to light them up as brightly and evenly all the way to the tip as a 1". Especially with longer blade lengths. Therefore if you do choose the 3/4" blade option with an adapter I'd suggest you use the narrower collimation 5 degree lens in the TCSS store and/or shorten the length. Also 3/4" can flex more, appearing 'wet noodley' in quick movements spinning or dueling, especially on film...so if fan filming is a consideration I'd avoid 3/4" blades except static shots. Also some duellists don't like 3/4" blades because of their 'whippiness'. On the other hand for some display hilts 3/4" can look more film accurate particularly in OT replicas [esp the Old Ben Kenobi ANH saber in the Death Star scenes].

jediwannabe
02-14-2012, 02:39 PM
MHS blade holders will hold a 1 inch blade.