PDA

View Full Version : First time builder needs some help/advice

AirMech74
01-11-2012, 05:29 PM
Hey guys...i'm in the process of building my first saber and hit a snag. I have had parts since 2010 and am just now getting around to completing my saber. I just recieved my Rebel Star LED & MHS Heatsink Module...here is the problem....I have an LED blade holder style 8 (not the New Style)...the LED MHS heatsink module doesn't fit :mad: ...I didn't know this prior to ordering...I'm a noob :confused:. Do I have any other options besides ordering up a new style blade holder or older syle heat sink and LED? Thanks.

Ka'getsu
01-11-2012, 06:58 PM
I'm pretty sure if you ask Tim that he'd be willing to exchange parts, sans shipping cost of course here's the link. http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/ContactUs.aspx

Cheers

Ka'ge

AirMech74
01-11-2012, 07:10 PM
I did...he said NO. Looks like I gotta shell out a few extra bucks to buy more parts.

Silver Serpent
01-12-2012, 06:52 AM
Do you still have the heatsink from the old blade holder? You can just move the rebel star onto the old heatsink for free. You'll have to resolder a few wires, and be careful removing it since it's held on with thermal tape.

AirMech74
01-12-2012, 07:34 PM
I went ahead and just orderd a "New Style" blade holder...hopefully the problem is solved. thanks. I'm still learning the Do's and Don'ts of this forum, but is there a section where members can buy, sell or trade parts?

Silver Serpent
01-12-2012, 08:24 PM
Not on these forums, no. You will have to go someplace like fx-sabers forums, though they have a waiting period before members are allowed to sell. You may find someone willing to trade there, just be sure you read all their rules first.