PDA

View Full Version : Newb onboard

AirMech74
01-11-2012, 04:36 PM
New to the forums and sabers. I'm in the process of building my first. Hope to learn from some of you otherwise.

jfrink22
01-11-2012, 06:03 PM
I haven't been posting but am new to saber building and you will find that reading many of the suggested threads will help you a lot. I had read most of the tutorials several times by the time I was ready to start soldering parts together, and I felt like I knew exactly what I was doing. I made one for both my Dad and Brother for Christmas and they loved them.

thejedilestat
01-11-2012, 06:23 PM
welcome AirMech74

as jfrink22 said read read read yes it takes forever but you will be amazed how much it helps :) everyone here will help you as you need it aslong as you are not just looking to be feed frome a spoon. well we all spoon feed from time to time but in this hoby you learn by doing and its not to hard when you start to build sabers with sound but it is fun.

so welcome again and if you have a question feel free to ask me and i will see if i can help :)

Boj-Vaati Mau
01-18-2012, 07:08 PM
Welcome, O ye of tehe Smoldering Saber! Remember; Read, Adapt, (if needed then) Ask, & Overcome!

Arryck Corso
01-18-2012, 10:27 PM
I gotta concur with jfrink22 on that. I've been in here lurking for around a year or so now (off and on anyways), and I'm still learning new stuff everyday. And every time I learn something or gain a better understanding of what it is I'm trying to do, I get a better overall idea of how my saber is gonna look and feel.

I've actually gone as far as to print off stuff I think may be of help later and have all my notes, ideas, schematics, and prints all neatly organized in a 3-ring binder. But I'm pretty sure I've got OCD! LOL! At least that's what my wife says:D

There is an enormous amount of knowledge and inspiration on this forum and many amazing builders out there. So study....then study some more....and read....and then read some more.

But good luck with your first build and I look forward to seeing what you come up with.