PDA

View Full Version : 4 led strips and an MR board

Serath
01-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Hi there . Im looking into building a makoto style v4 saber . I want to make 4 strips of 3mm leds 20ma each (65-70 per strip). That would be 4 x 1400 = 5600ma (2 x 18650 batteries = about 5600 ma). But my porblem is that i want to put an MR Maul soundboard . Can someone help me with a wiring diagram ? I was thinking maybe hooking 1 led string to the soundboard (with a voltage regulator) , 2 of the strips directly to the battery , and the last remaining strip to some kind of a driver or buckpuck . Would that be ok ? Any help would be greatly appreciated . Thank you !

Subvirtua
01-11-2012, 12:14 AM
Hmm. Where to start? Well to have an extend/retract scroll effect all your strips would need to be connected to the soundboard but 5.6A will fry it. That said you might as well direct drive them all from the battery. Battery wise it looks to me like you're considering capacity but it's max draw that will be the issue. This will probably be defined by the PCB you use for your pack as much as the cells you choose. Four strips sounds like a squeeze in a 1" blade to me. Doesn't Makotosai use 3 in his V4?
Oh no. My bad .He does have 4 phew...