PDA

View Full Version : combine common household ingredients to make your own copper, brass, and bronze clean

Ripper
01-06-2012, 03:09 PM
I found this on the web and thought it might be useful.

Use these easy instructions to combine common household ingredients to make your own copper, brass, and bronze cleaner.

What You Need:
•1/2 c flour
•1/2 c salt
•1/2 c powdered detergent
•3/4 c white vinegar
•1/4 c lemon juice
•1/2 c very warm water
•bowl
•spoon
•measuring cups
•quart jar with lid

1.Mix all of the dry ingredients in a bowl.
2.Stir in the liquid ingredients. Mix well.
3.Transfer the cleaning mixture to a glass jar. Close the jar tightly and label it.
4.To use the cleaner, shake a small amount onto a cloth and rub it into the surface of the copper, brass, or bronze object. Use a toothbrush for hard-to-reach areas. Rinse with water and rub dry with a clean cloth.

Ka'getsu
01-07-2012, 07:54 PM
Actually, that recipe works really well (i use it for cleaning belt buckles, and brass gears all the time).... Don't know why i didn't think of sharing it before... good find none the less :)

justletmepostable
01-07-2012, 09:30 PM
do you mix the dry ingredients with the liquid or are you supposed to soke the metal in the liquid and then put some of the powder on the tooth brush and scrub?

Ronan
01-08-2012, 04:55 PM
do you mix the dry ingredients with the liquid or are you supposed to soke the metal in the liquid and then put some of the powder on the tooth brush and scrub?

Simply read the first post.