PDA

View Full Version : Question about Trans White Battle Blade

bluespike74
01-05-2012, 03:03 AM
I am new to the forum and I did an advanced search and there appears to be no current answer to this question. I purchase my blades already complete but I have a friend named Hammonds who is working on a PVC build and is on a very tight budget. He saw on the web site that you can use the Trans White Battle Blade without a diffuser and I was wondering if anyone else had done this and if so, what was your experience?

Hammonds would have posted himself but his computer access is only at work and they have software in place to prevent going to forums so I agreed to do this so please no flaming.

Knighthammer
01-05-2012, 09:08 AM
I've used a trans-white battle blade without a diffuser several times - it looks decent.

Silver Serpent
01-05-2012, 09:57 AM
I've also used the trans-white exclusively. It looks good all by itself, and you can always add clear gift wrap inside for an improved look.

cardcollector
01-05-2012, 11:10 AM
It is... acceptable.

What I mean by that is this;

For a class of 20+ students, I sanded the transwhite blade stock with 400 and did not use diffuser.
it looked like this;
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-GPsM1iiXK0s/TOKjDFX8K3I/AAAAAAAAAFc/UyC2uXx9VZ4/s640/DSCN1681.JPG

Not bad, but you can see there is considerable unevenness and blade flare.

Compare that to a saber with transwhite and cellophane...
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-A3dW5hMbqmk/TlXBhT7ZxGI/AAAAAAAAAto/TepIcbANBBw/s800/Mentorship%252520saber17.jpg

you can see not only is the blade more even, but fuller in appearance.

Cellophane is cheap, I wouldn't skimp on it. The only reason for not adding cellophane to the student sabers was I did not have enough time in one week to make 20 blades...

PaPa_FoZzY
01-05-2012, 05:30 PM
I made some tonfas and used the trans white and no difuser however the blades are also only 20 inches long

thejedilestat
01-05-2012, 06:16 PM
I use 40in blades and my trans white battle blade is nice even for how long it is. I have clear wrap in all my blades and it really is the best way to go I think. I have only sanded my clear blades but you may as well sand down your blades cuz it can't hurt :)