PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know where I can find some templates?

YoRn Mangers
12-21-2011, 08:37 PM
I was looking for a few templates for grips, any suggestions? I'm starting to get good at shaping PVC and want some ideas to practice with.

cooky069
12-22-2011, 03:27 AM
Hi to be honest I've not seen any templates apart from ones for graflex t grip placement. As for sleeve templates , I've always gone with the glued on grid paper method , I think there's a tutorial for it in the general hilt building section

IndustrialAction
12-22-2011, 07:09 AM
There are templates for both the ANH and ESB Graflex sabers out on the web (Slothfurnace has one and Parts of Star Wars does as well). If you're looking for something else, could you be more specific?

YoRn Mangers
12-22-2011, 10:47 AM
Ya, the only one I found was for saber style 8 on BYB. Something along those lines. I tried the graph paper idea but I'm horrible at drawing.

Ka'getsu
12-22-2011, 03:41 PM
Rhyen Skytracker has a bunch of templates up on his site for shrouds and grips, don't know if that's what you're looking for, just putting in my 2 cents

YoRn Mangers
12-22-2011, 06:54 PM
Thank you! This is exactly what I've been looking for! Time to get my Dremel on.

Ka'getsu
12-23-2011, 03:35 PM
Not a problem YoRn, glad to be of assistance

Ripper
12-23-2011, 03:54 PM
Is it for like a shroud? If so, I have a suggestion. If you can’t find a template, what you can do is fold some graph paper in half and make your design and then cut it while it is folded and then wrap the template around the part and use a sharpie to make your marks. I do this with all my PVC. But I also do way to much stuff by eye too. I need to get the right tools. Just a FYI.

YoRn Mangers
12-23-2011, 04:48 PM
Thanx for the tip, I'll keep that in mind for my next build. I'm just working on a grip for this one since its my first one (Don't wanna get in over my head). I'll give it a try, but like I said I suck at drawing.

Let me know if ya'll hear of anything else.
May the force be with you...

Rhyen Skytracker
12-26-2011, 05:33 PM
Here is the link to my photobucket album that has some templates in it. http://s416.photobucket.com/albums/pp242/wadeh13/Templates/ Some of these I have collected over the years and others I have made.