PDA

View Full Version : Wiring Diagram Check

Machinimax
12-17-2011, 08:35 AM
Ok, I have finally completed the wiring diagram for my saber's circuitry. Although I have seen many of these before in the past, I wanted to make my own to be sure. This is my first crystal focus and I don't want anything to go wrong. Keep in mind that dice on the LEDEngin may not be labeled on my diagram correctly but you get the idea.

Here are the resistor calculations. Please note that even though I'm using a 7.4 volt battery pack, I upped the voltage of the pack a bit in the equation for FoC to be on the safe side:

Resistor 1 (LED in power switch) = (3.3-2.1) / (0.02) = 60 Ohm, 0.024 Watt
So I'll get a resistor that's: 60 Ohms, 1/16 Watt

Resistor 2 (FoC) = (7.6-3.7) / (1) = 3.9 Ohm, 3.9 Watt
So I'll get a resistor that's: 3.9 Ohm, 5 Watt

The resistor I need for FoC I can get from TCSS but I didn't see the one I needed for the accent LED in the store. I might have to look somewhere else.

So the 18500 battery pack would be able to discharge a maximum of 2.6 Amps. So 1 Amp will go to the main LED, 1 Amp to the FoC die, 0.3 Amps to power the board itself, and 0.02 Amps to power the accent LED for a grand total of 2.32 Amps.

Hopefully I calculated everything correctly and my diagram is good to go but if anything looks off, PLEASE tell me where I went wrong and I'll correct it. Thank you very much everybody!!

Silver Serpent
12-19-2011, 06:27 AM
Your battery pack is 7.4v, but that doesn't change the resistor you'll need for FoC. Head on over to your local Radio Shack or equivalent electronics store and pick up a pack of assorted 1/8w resistors. There should be a few 68 Ohm ones in there and that'll do the trick for your switch LED. You could also use the 82 Ohm 1/4W that is sold in the store. The switch may be a bit dimmer, but you probably won't notice. A lot of those switches are really bright.

I didn't see any problems with the wiring diagram. Good luck, and congrats on your CF!

Machinimax
12-19-2011, 08:23 AM
Ok sounds good. If the LED in the switch doesn't turn out to be that bright, that'll be fine. It's just going to be used as a power-on indicator anyway. Thank you so much for double checking this and a Happy Holiday to you!!