PDA

View Full Version : My First Saber build

TBona
12-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Let me know if there are components that don't fit together and if there are any that I might have missed to make the saber work once I receives this saber kit. Also, since this is my first build are there some components I should avoid until I get more experience with these?6219

Hilt style 3 with standard style switch hole
MHS choke style 2
Screw on LED blade holder style 4 "new style"
MHS "new style" Heat Sink
MPS Pommel style 3 v1
LED "TCSS style" Battle blade 1" OD (36 inches)
Seoul P4 (Green)
Red momentary switch
2.1mm Power Jack
Kill plug style 2
1-3/16" ID Black O-ring
Petit Crouton Sound Module v1.6
4AA Battery holder
Premium Speaker
Nickel Plated Momentary Switch
Activation box style 2
6-32 socket Head Cap Screw
MPS Insert style 1
Seoul P4 Lens Holder
MHS speaker mount V2
Box 2,3,5,6 Mounting holes service
Machined button for Covertec clip
MPS Clip

Ka'getsu
01-06-2012, 11:08 PM
All the parts you've listed will fit together: hence being a "moduar hilt system". Also i would either invest in a chassis to hold your sound card (sold in the store), or you can go the DIY route and build a sled out of 1" pvc. Finally how much experience in electronics wiring do you have? That would determine the parts that you would want to avoid, but most of the parts are pretty straight forward, but the electronics can be tricky sometimes. my suggestion would be to read around a little bit more, especially in the wiring diagram and cut away views thread ( invaluable resource imho) to get a feel of how complicated/uncomplicated you want to make this build

I hope that helped you some

mtfbwy

-K-

amwolf
01-07-2012, 06:53 AM
1. You forgot to a lens, but you've listed the lens holder...
2. The PC works best with a 7.4v Li-ion battery pack according to the page in the store, so I'd ditch the 4AA holder and pick up (2) unprotected 14500's and a 7.4v PCB and make a pack. There are threads on how to make them, but soldering to the batteries can be tricky. Do some more reading, which is overall a good idea!
3. If you want the box 2 to line up with the windows (or the solid space) in that blade holder, ask Tim to make a custom 7" double female extension with the grooves to match a hilt style 3, as the existing switch hole may not line up correctly due to the threading. He might be able to check first though. If that doesn't matter, then just have him set the main switch in the box over the existing hole.

Hope that helps.